Chapter 16

"Let him go.", my tone angry. "Give me Philippe, NOW!"

"Fine, I just wanted to fight" Adelram said and basically threw Philippe at me.

I led the count to the back of the room where he would not get hurt. I took off the cloth and the skirt that covered my weapons and threw them to the side.

Now everyone will know that I am a monster, I thought, while I pulled out one of the throwing knives with my right hand and a dagger with the left.

All four of them started to surround me. So I made the first move. I bent down and spin cutting the legs of everybody. They all limped back.

"Ow! That was dirty.", said Manjeeta

I smiled at him, "You're the one that taught me that move."

Then I felt something hit the back of my shoulder. I looked back and saw an arrow sticking out of my back.

"Really, you have learned new ways to hide the bow from me, I'm impressed." I said looking at Balamada. Then I pulled the arrow from my shoulder and tossed it to the ground.

"Now, will you stop all this," I heard Adelram say. I turned around to see Adelram with a knife to the Count's throat when we heard a muffled gasp echo in the room. I put down my knife and dagger before he even had to say a thing.

"So, is the ghost here real, or was it just another one of your stories?", Adelram ask.

I looked at the floor and started to hum.

"Nope, none of that you weren't called the Siren for nothing.", said Adelram tightening the knife on Phillip's throat, and I stopped immediately. "Take off your corset." He demanded, and I did. I looked at the mirror hoping that Erik would get my message.

I knew that what he wanted to do they wanted to torture me. Everyone using their unique skills.

"Drink this." Adelram said tossing a vial of liquid to me.

I brought the vial up to my nose and smell it smells kind of sweet, I brought the vial up to my lips letting the cold liquid into my mouth and swallowed.

"Cyanide", I said looking up at them.

"Very good, you still remember poisons. Now it's the others turn.", he smiled.

"I believe that Balamada already had his turn." I stated nodding to the arrow on the ground. I could feel the poison slowly taking effect I would need to get to my stash of antidotes, even though I had built up an immunity to this poison I still need to take the antidote. Then I noticed Manjeeta walk up behind me.

"Ready?", he said.

"Just like old times.", I said. Then I felt his knives cut into my skin I just stood there the pain slowly seeping I could feel the stitches and the old wounds reopen. I could feel the blood run from the lashed he just created. He walked away having a satisfied smile, like a sculptor who just finished his prized piece.

Then Kritanta starts to run at me I easily dodge him and hit him in his back sending him to the floor. He got back up again running at me, sadly I knew what I had to do but if I did not let him make contact he would kill the Count just out of spite, grabbing my upper right arm, with all his force him throw me across the room. I hit the floor hard and slid into the wall. I looked up and saw the blood trail that I had left when I hit the ground. The cyanide was still working through me and I need to hurry up to get the antidote but then I heard the door that was to the left of me open and I saw Gerard in the doorway and no one was going to hurt him.