Chapter 9: Trust me...

//EDITED//

Hello my lovely readers!! Thanks so much to anyone who has stayed with this story despite my horrible updating schedule and my random plot which tends to confuse quite a few people. :)

Anyway before you skip this author's note and just start the next chapter please keep reading for a little longer. I've decided that I will update the next chapter when I have at least 100 votes and 60 comments on my story. Not only will this give me some time to start writing the next chapter but also my story's popularity to increase. Now that's done.... Enjoy!! ;p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Maria's POV)

My hands are shaking so terribly I completely give up on the concept of neatly packing and resort to simply shoving clothes and other essentials into my only school bag. I never really had the need for another bag so Tim never got me one. I pack a few shirts and jeans, which was practically most of what little clothes I owned. I enter my conjoined bathroom and speedily change my old sweatpants back into a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and my stained T-shirt, which had the name of some band printed on it's back; to a loose, baggy grey cardigan with a plain white shirt underneath. I put my purple converse back on and rush out of the bathroom to pack a hair brush. Before leaving my bedroom, I grab my dark green army jacket at the last minute, considering it is the middle of October and it didn't seem like I would be coming back here any time soon.

This whole ordeal had only took a couple of minutes but they felt like hours due to the guy, holding a gun, who was leaning against my bedroom door frame. Not once had he took the aim of the gun away from me; it was highly unnerving. Especially since I hadn't done anything wrong. Once I'm done packing I cautiously turn towards the door and walk towards it with my now almost bursting brown leather bag slung over my shoulder. Aaron moved backwards to let me through and then closed the door behind both of us.

"Where are we going?" I ask with as much force in my voice that I can muster.

After a long stretching silence I ask again with a little more confidence. Still no reply. If he had wanted to kill me, he would have done it when he first saw me. If his goal was to kidnap me, he would have also done that long ago. No other reason registered in my mind as Aaron shoved me out the front door, turning all the lights off and gathering his own navy rucksack and black leather jacket.

As we're waiting for the elevator, I hear a door open not far away. Aaron quickly shoves his gun into his jeans and tightly grips my wrist. My next door neighbour walks out behind the door and into the sombre looking hallway whilst humming an upbeat tune. He stops as soon as he sees Aaron and me. Mr Delacruz is a middle aged man who has dark brown hair with blonde dyed wisps here and there. He's Spanish but has not even a hint of an accent, if anything his English is impeccable. He has lived in my building for only a couple of years. We have interacted politely since he has moved in and he's a regular customer at Tim's Cafe.

"Maria? Well hello...it's been quite a while since I've talked to you, it's nice to see you nonetheless. How's Tim? Haven't seen him these past couple of days." He asks in such a cheery tone, that for a second I forget that i'm actually being kidnapped and probably should do something to prevent it instead of chit chatting with a neighbour.

"Um mm...well." I try to stutter a coherent answer, despite that dull pain beginning once more inside me at the mention of Tim, however Aaron cuts me off hastily.

"Yeah he's good. He just has lot to do at the Cafe so he's been working late." Aaron lies like a complete professional. I almost believed him myself. I have no idea how he knew about Tim's Cafe though.

"Oh okay, and who might you be?" Mr Delacruz asks suspiciously whilst eyeing his hand gripping my wrist quite uncomfortably.

Again, before I can even think of a reply, Aaron replies with ease and not a hint of hesitance.

"I'm a colleague of Maria's. I work at the Cafe. I was just doing her a favour and driving her there since Tim couldn't. Now if you will excuse us." With that he enters the now open lift, dragging me after him. As the doors close I see Mr Delacruz pick up his phone and dial a number while still staring me right in the eye. He knew something was awry.

As we're descending, a tune plays quietly in the background, that does nothing to lessen the deafening silence that hangs in the air. Just when I feel like I can't take anymore, the doors open and I quietly sigh in relief.

"Come on." Aaron orders gruffly and I reluctantly follow.

"You could try to be little nicer you know." I mutter under my breath, but all it gets me is a harsh glare and a fierce tug.

We reach an expensive looking black car, which I'm assuming is his and he shoves me into the passenger seat, followed by a loud slam of the car door shutting. As he's walking to the other side, I think of opening the door, but ignore it since he was probably twice as fast as me and would catch me before I even got halfway across the car park.There was only one way to get away from him and that was if I could somehow get a hold of his gun and maybe threaten him to let me leave. By the looks of things though, that's not happening any time soon.

He climbs inside and turns on the engine, reversing out of the parking spot right opposite my flat building, and then just gunning it down the road, causing me to sink into the leather seats and grab hold of the door handle. I felt absolutely exhilarated yet terrified for my life. I rose a little in my seat and saw the buildings and trees whiz past me, making my sight blur. I had never really noticed how pretty this place was and now I might never come back to see all it's beauty. Great.

Which is right about the time when the first bullet was fired, aimed right at our wind shield, causing it to explode into a million little deadly shards of glass, glittering in the glorious sun rays. That moment lasted only a second but my mind was still stuck in that one moment of panic.

Three or more cars surrounded us and fired from all directions. Cacophonous explosions rang in my ears and pieces of glass flew past my face, slicing painfully into my skin.

One moment, full of intense emotions, as I looked up from my crouched position and saw the limp bleeding body of Aaron Matthews. I felt myself being dragged out of the upturned car and away from the flames that were so very close to him. I didn't look away...because... I just couldn't.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooooooooooo....................Do you hate me yet for putting all these cliffhangers in here? ;p

Anyway remember: #100 votes #60 Comments.........before another update.

And that's about it. ;)

Bye lovely readers!!!