Chapter 1

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve asked. My eyes dart around me and take in my surroundings. My mouth stayed to making the noises as I sang the Nigerian tune. My hands continued to hit the the drum to the beat.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda answered. My eyes darted to her. She needs to get better at looking over her shoulder.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means..." He trailed off continuing to teach Wanda about being a good agent.

"Cameras." She replied. She's getting good, I'll give her that.

"Both cross streets one way." Steve said.

"So, compromised escape routes," Wanda said.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked. My eyes darted to where he was talking about.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda said.

"It's also bulletproof," my mom- I mean- Natasha said, "which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Well, she does have a good point there.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Finally someone said it.

It's so weird to call Natasha by her real name instead of mom. But after the whole, going to Asgard thing with Thor, Natasha and I decided that it was time to stop the whole, she's my mom thing.

"Anybody ever tell you, you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha asked taking a drink of whatever she was drinking.

I finished my song and bowed as the people around me clapped. I pretended to be packing up as the crowd dispersed and when I was bent low enough I began to put in my input.

"Why did I have to be the one doing the music again?" I asked.

"Because we needed someone to survey the people." Steve said.

"But Natasha and Wanda were doing that. Besides, I can't report in when I am singing a song. Not that I understood a word in that song." I said.

"Maybe Steve just likes to hear your voice when you sing." Sam put his input in.

I felt my face flush. I wasn't going to lie. Steve was smoking hot and what can I say? Any girl my age would have a crush on him.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in 6 months. I don't want to lose him." Steve said.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." I closed the case and my drum was all packed up.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." Sam said.

"It's a battering ram." Natasha and I said at the same time.

"Go now." Steve ordered.

"What?" Wanda asked.

"He's not hitting the police." I said and stood up leaving my drum on the ground.

I pulled my bow from the side pocket and opened my case again before flipping over my drum and pulling out my sack of arrows from the bottom.

"Sam, I could use a ride."