Chapter 10

Sam and I were watching Buck in an abandoned warehouse. Steve was peering through a gap at a chopper flying overhead when Bucky awakes.

We had clamped his arm in a huge industrial vice, his metal arm to be exact. It was in case that the Bucky who woke up was a friendly Bucky and not the one who only wanted to kill the people surrounding him.

When I noticed that Bucky was awake, I nudged Sam and his eyes shot over to Bucky as well.

"Hey, Cap!" Sam called out. Steve comes over to join Sam, me, and Bucky, who sits with his arm in the vice. We all stare at him.

"Steve." Bucky calls out.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asks.

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky says. I raise my eyebrows at the facts about Steve. Why newspaper?

"Can't read that in a museum." Steve looks over at Sam but as his eyes move to me they sweep to the floor before looking back at Bucky.

Um. What?

He can't look me in the eye anymore?

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam asks.

"What did I do?" Bucky asked and I looked over at Steve who still wouldn't look at me. Is that because I decided to help him? I'm a grown ass woman.

Look at me!

"Enough." I said.

"Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words." Bucky said and he looked like he was trying not to punch himself in the face.

"Who was he?" Steve asked.

"I don't know." Was Bucky's amazing response.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than 'I don't know.'" Steve said with a little attitude. What is with the Sass? I'm the sass queen.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Bucky said.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. If Bucky had no relation towards the man, why did he care?

"Why would he need to know that?" I asked him trying to connect the puzzle pieces together, but none of them connect.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." Bucky said, I could hear the shame in his voice. He looked over at me and made eye contact with me. I nodded in understanding before grabbing Steve's hand. He looked over at me but when I looked at him he looked away but didn't pull his hand away.

I then reached out and placed my hand on Sam's shoulder.

It was night Bucky was riding alongside a car and somehow causes the car to crash. He circles back, pulls up and climbs off the motorbike. He approaches the car's trunk. He janks it open, breaking the lock. Inside he opens a metal case which contains five clear drip bags filled with bright blue fluid.

We flash forward and see four young men and a young woman sitting up in hospital beds. The blue fluid is fed intravenously into their arms. The drip bags hang on stands beside them. They're all fit and muscular. One man, flexes a huge biceps. We later flash to the same man who is screaming and then dragged into a cell and left on a bed.

"It hurts!" He screams as he struggles in leather bindings. A viewing slot is then closed.

A man who seems russian is sitting at a desk in a corridor, making notes and listening. To the man who is screaming. He opens the door to a lab and switches on the light. The first man who had the blue fluid injected in him, is sitting on a bed. He looks up at the russian man.

We flash to see Bucky and patient man fight each other in a barred chamber. The four others who were given the blue liquid are there. The patient kicks with enormous power, sending Bucky flying. Watching the russian man fold his arms.

He speaks russian but I translate in real life so they understand what is being said to them.

"Good work." I say just after the man does.

A person who seems to be a medic takes Patient pulse and the patient slams him onto the floor. A soldier clubs the patient onto the back with no effect. The Russian man gets behind Bucky and aims a gun.

"Get me out of here." I say just after the man does.

The first patient and the other four Winter Soldiers effortlessly dispatch a squad of Soldiers. Bucky escorts while covering the Russian man from the barred chamber, batting guards aside.

We flash back to the present when Bucky tries to push out of his mind.

No one says anything about the mind sharing, maybe because they don't actually want to know just how much power I have, which happens to be a lot.

I take my hand off of Sam's shoulder but when I go to pull my hand away from Steve's but he squeezes my hand tightly so as that I don't let go.

"Who were they?" Steve asked.

"They're most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky said.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asked him.

"Worse." Bucky wasn't really helping out here.

"The doctor," I said, "could he control them?"

"Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve said.

With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming." Bucky confessed, I could hear the slight hint of fear in his voice. I squeezed Steve's hand, what was going to come of us?
Sam steps up to Steve. "This would have been a lot easier a week ago." He says.

"If we call Tony..." I suggest.

"No, he won't believe us." Sam said

"Even if he did..." Steve adds on trying to help Sam prove his point.

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help." Sam said finishing Steve's thought.

"We're on our own then." I said looking down and squeeze Steve's hand once more, he squeezes back.

"Maybe not. I know a guy." Sam said getting an idea.

I hope this idea is good because I don't think I would be able to do anything if we would have to fight the others. There is no way that I can.

It would tear us apart.