Chapter 7

"So, you like cats?" Sam asks. We were on our way to somewhere in the locked cars and Sam was glaring at T'Challa.

"Sam." Steve says trying to diffuse the situation

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam says annoyed and Steve rolls his eyes.

"Your suit... it's Vibranium?" Steve asks looking over at him. I sighed before looking out the window and quickly got bored so I looked at T'Challa awaiting his answer.

His eyes narrow as he glances sideways. "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" Steve is stony faced as the convoy heads underground.

Dangit! I wanted to keep looking out the window at the boring scenery.

We pulled into a light gray walled bunker Bucky's pod is carried away by a forklift. Nearby Steve gets out of the SUV and glances across at Bucky who doesn't spot him. With Sam and T'Challa Steve approaches Sharon who's standing with a diminutive, gray-head man.

"What's gonna happen to him?" I asked.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." A man said with grey hair. He was kind of short too. And that's saying a lot because I'm short.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon Carter said coming up to us.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asked.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." Everett said and I rolled my eyes as we watched our weapons and suits

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." As they go Steve looks back and catches Bucky's eye.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" Everett said as we walked into a room where Tony was.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa said and I rolled my eyes and held myself back from slapping the smug look on his face.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha said sticking her head between Steve and I as I was standing next to him.

"He's alive." Steve said and I smirked as Natasha rolled her eyes and moved away from us.

Tony walked in while talking on his phone "No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha said and walked towards the table that was in the middle of the room.

Tony was still on the phone. "Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." He hung up.

"'Consequences'?" Steve asked and Tony looked at him then his eyes moved to me. I squeaked before hiding behind Steve so I didn't feel the wrath of Ton's glare.

"Secretary Ross wants all three of you prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony replied his eyes on Steve.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked.

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too. And don't forget the bow and arrows." Natasha piped in.

"That's not fair! Those were custom made!" I exclaimed and popped my head from behind Steve just to hide behind him again because Tony was glaring at me again.

"That's cold." Sam said.

"Warmer than jail." Tony replied. "Delaney."

I really didn't want to go with him and Steve didn't either as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"I don't want to go either Steve." I said and didn't look up as I blushed and I didn't want him to see that.

"I don't understand why he wants to talk to you alone." He said and wrapped me in a hug and I hugged him back.

"It's because I'm the youngest. He thinks you're a bad influence." I said

"Am I?" I asked.

"I make my own choices." I said and pulled away. "He can't change me."

"Delaney!" Tony called again and I looked back at Steve at the door.

"I'm not a little girl, I can take care of myself." I stayed long enough to see him nod before I left to deal with Tony's wrath.

"What were you thinking!?" Tony said.

"I was doing what I thought was right!" I said. In my defense.

"Well what you thought was right was wrong." he said.

"I was saving an innocent man from being wrongfully killed!" I exclaimed. "How is that wrong?"

"It's wrong because we are not supposed to doing that stuff unless the government asks for help. You can't keep being immature. It's time for you to grow up!" I took a step back and held back the tears.

"What? You met me when I was 16. So I am still a kid. Is that what this is! Time moves on! I am a grown ass woman! I can make my own decisions. I am not still 16 and I don't blindly follow people!" I snapped.

I thought he was a better person.

"Like the time you followed Loki!? Or the time you almost got killed and no one knows the reason. You have a history of making stupid mistakes!" He snapped back.

"You don't know anything about my choices. Loki tricked me! He used his Jedi Mind trick!" I said and clenched my hands into a fist. "You can't hold that to me! I am not a naive little sixteen year old!"

"Yes you are!" He yelled.

I snapped my eyes closed and took a deep breath.

"I am 20 years old Tony." I said and opened my eyes to glare at him. "I am the daughter of Odin and the Daughter of Frigga. I was thrown to earth for an unknown reason. I was raised by an assassin who wasn't my mother. I have the ability to feel your pain and to read your mind. I helped you in the helicarrier. Now I may not have graduated from MIT or some other ivy league. I can shoot an arrow almost as good as Clint Barton and I am the only rival shot against Natasha Romanov. I helped defeat the chitauri and helped to capture Loki. I helped stop Ultron and I made sure that Wanda felt welcomed after her brother died. I am Delaney and I am a strong woman who doesn't need you to treat me like a child. I can make my own decisions. So take your own opinions about me and your feeling to protect me and shove it up your ass!" I screamed before leaving and going back to the room where Steve and Sam were.