Chapter 11

I closed my eyes as I waited in the car as we drive to wherever the hell we were headed.

I began to hear voices, almost like they were fading into my dreams, a memory, yet, I knew it was nothing but a vision of what was happening with Tony.

"I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" That was Secretary Ross. He seemed angry, but I mean, it was his fault in the first place since he's the one that was making everyone sign the accords. We weren't even breaking laws, we were just saving people. Good civilians if you ask me.

"We will. GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it." Tony always like the dad of the group. He always cared for everyone else and that's what made me wonder how he's still in the iron man suit. He would be a wonderful father and maybe that's why Pepper fell for him.

"You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this." How rude. Secretary Ross doesn't know what he's doing or what he's dealing with. I just wish that there was a way to make him understand that he can't control us.

"What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve Rogers?" Natasha said, she was sitting in a chair around a conference table, the one I was sitted at before.

"If we're provoked. Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers. There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math." It wasn't even him! He's just some dumb diplomat who thinks he needs all the power in the world and doesn't listen to people around him.

"All due respect, you're not going to solve this with boys in bullets, Ross. You gotta let us bring them in." Tony said, finally putting his foot down.

"How would that end any differently from the last time?" Secretary doesn't get it. We're friends, we'd be more receptive to Tony than to any guy pointing a gun in our faces.

"Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed." Shit.

"36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson. Delaney." Shittier

"Thank you, sir." Tony rubs his hand on his chest and slumps, exhaling. "My left arm is numb, is that normal?"

Natasha pats him on the shoulder. "You alright?"

"Always." He has a massive black eye and a cut on his brow. Why didn't I notice it before. "36 hours, jeez."

"We're seriously understaffed." She said and looked around the room.

"Oh, yeah. It'd be great if we had a Hulk right about now. Any shot?" That would not be fair!! The only one who challenge Hulk would be Thor and that's not happening either!

"No. You really think he'd be on our side?" Natasha asked.

"No."

Of course he wouldn't. Banner hates politics.

"I have an idea." She sat up a little straighter.

"Me too. Where's yours?" Tony said.

"Delaney," I heard my name. But I ignored.

"Downstairs. Where's yours?" Tony smiles slightly. I felt it more than heard it.

Queens.

"Delaney!" I snapped my eyes open to see Sam staring at me.

"What?" I asked and rubbed my eyes. I didn't really need to, but I'd rather make it seem like I was asleep than having a vision. I wouldn't want Steve to get worried. And I also don't want to share that much.

"We're here."

"Okay." Here goes nothing. "What are we doing here?" I ask. I was in the back with Bucky and needless to say, I needed less room than him.

"Getting our gear. Don't you want it?" Sam asked.

"Well, let's be honest, do u really need it?" I asked and Bucky snorted.

"Yeah right."

"Dude, she could probably kick your ass to mars and back without breaking a sweat." Dam said.

"Yeah right." Bucky said and his stay fixed on Cap and Sharon.

"Well I wouldn't mess with the princess of Asgard." Sam mumbled but I'm pretty sure Bucky heard it from the way his face paled.

"Can you move your seat forward?" Bucky asked Sam. Sam's face hardened.

"No."

Alright grumpy pants.

"Sam-"

"It's not my fault that he picked a freaking volkswagen for a getaway car! He could have picked a Hummer or something." Well he did have a point.

"Yes but you could always be polite."

"No."

Alrighty then. Didn't care for that now did he.

"Well either way, I don't understand why he's the one that had to get the gear. Can't all of us get out?" I asked.

Before anyone could respond the back of the car trunk slammed closed and I jumped. Shanon was gone and Steve had put all our stuff in the back.

The door in by the steering wheel was pulled open and Steve plopped into the car, jamming the keys into the ignition and starting the car.

"Where are we headed to now?" I asked.

"Delaney enough with the questions." Sam said.

"I'm practically a kid, well where I come from anyway. I have to be annoying." Sam turned and glared. "Sorry, was that the wrong thing to say to your poor ego?"

He started to climb in the back when Steve spoke up.

"Enough Sam. Delaney, play nice." I stuck my tongue out at Sam as he turned back around and Steve pulled out from underneath the overpass.

"Hey Steve, we should have gotten a different car."

Sam groaned.