Chapter 4

I looked around at the mass of people around us. Many news casters were here, speaking in many languages. Most of which, I didn't know.

"At a special United Nations conference 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords." I hear a news anchor say as Natasha and I walked past. Well at least I know that the whole world is watching.

I guess I better be on my best behavior and not get pissed. I hate the government. All of them.

"Excuse me, Miss Romanoff?" a UN staff person asked, we both looked at him, but Natasha took the initiative.

"Yes?"

"These need your signature." She signs the papers and I just stand to the side. "Thank you." He says and walks off.

"Aren't you supposed to read the fine print before you sign something?" I ask with sarcasm.

"Be quiet." She said with a small glare.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." A man says. I narrow my eyes at him. He doesn't seem right.

"Oh, well, it's not always so flattering." Natasha says and my eyes turn to her. Is she actually attempting to make new friends.

"You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill... I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable in this company." He says. He doesn't seem to like it here either.

"Well, I'm not." Natasha said with a little laugh.

"That alone makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff." See!? He is a little weird and creepy. I don't like this guy.

"Why? You don't approve of all this?" Well, at least she still has her guard up.

"The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." He said.

"Unless you need to move a piano." Another man came up and said. He looked just like this other guy but older. Father and son.

"Father." The younger guy said. I know his face from somewhere. But where?

"Son. Miss Romanoff." He replied.

"King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." Oh jeez! I know who these people are! I am so stupid!

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today." King T'Chaka said and I clenched my fists to my side.

"Yes, so am I." Natasha said.

"For the Black Widow, I didn't expect you to have a bodyguard." T'Challa said looking at me.

"I'm not a bodyguard. Hi, My name is Delaney." I said offering my hand.

"Ah. Yes, I have heard of you." He says. "The one who can see all."

"Well not all. I have no control." I said. I don't really like his smile.

"If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." A man says on the speakers.

"That is the future calling. Such a pleasure." T'Challa says and walks off.

"Thank you." Natasha says. I don't like this guy.

We all took our places and waited for King T'Chaka to start his speech, as the last battle that happened was in Wakanda.

He went up to the podium and a felt an immense pain in my head. I rubbed my temples and took a deep breath.

No! Please! Not here! Not now!

I closed my eyes and I felt my breath hitch.

Dust flowed around and rocks lay everywhere. The windows shattered. T'Chaka was on the ground, blood oozing from his head. T'Challa was crawling towards him, fear etched on his face. Others were laying, their bodies lifeless. I felt a warm liquid fall down the side of my forward, I reached my hand up and touched the liquid. The sight of my red blood made me want to vomit.

"Delaney!" I heard a voice shout.

"Delaney!" My eyes snapped open and I looked over at Natasha who looked at me with a worried expression.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Did you have a vision?" She asked.

"Yes." I said.

"You look pale, do you need to step out?" She asked me.

"No. I'm fine, They are starting anyways." I said and turned facing forward.

"When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria, were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows." I looked around this room and frowned. This room looks familiar. "We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative." I looked over to T'Challa and it looks as if he saw something outside. I stood up and began to run towards King T'Chaka "Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace."

"Delaney!" I Heard Natasha whisper shout.

"Everybody get down!" I heard T'Challa shout. I kept running towards King T'Chaka but it was all in vain.

An enormous explosion goes off between two buildings and destroys the conference hall. Causing my to be thrown backwards by the force.

I opened my eyes and looked around me. It was exactly like my vision.

I even felt the blood running down the side of my face.

I looked forward and saw T'Challa holding King T'Chaka and devastation took over his features and I felt tears come to my eyes.

I looked around me. I looked at the pain and suffering I have caused. I could have stopped this! I couldn't have prevented these people from being injured and dying.

I began to move towards people who were injured and I held my breath so I wouldn't breath in the smoke or the dibri from the broken rocks and other stuff.

I reached down and picked up a rock and looked at the off gray material in my hands. Who could have done this? This doesn't make sense.

I could feel the pain around me. The pain of the injured and the pain from the loved ones of those who have died.

My eyes moved back to King T'Chaka and T'Challa. I knew that the King was dead. Tears sprang to my eyes once more.

No!

Why am I always too late?!