Chapter 12

We were driving up a parking garage and I was beyond bored but oh well. We were at the Leipzig/Halle airport and I didn't really know what was happening or why we were here, but I had a feeling it was going to be a fight. And not one I would particularly love.

I started counting the floors.

1...

2...

3...

4...

5...

6...

On the 6th level of a parking garage at the Leipzig/Halle airport. Steve drove into the parking lot in the battered, old car. He parks by a grey van and gets out. The rest of us following. Leaning against the van is none other than Clint Barton.

"Cap." He acknowledges.

"You know I wouldn't have called If I had any other choice." Steve said he almost seemed a little guilty. I mean he kind of is, you know, for taking Clint away from his kids but sometimes it's good.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt." But at least Clint was a good and loyal guy.

"Thanks for having my back." Steve said and that's when Wanda got out of the van.

"It was time to get off my ass." Was the only thing she said.

I kept my eye trained on the van. Why was that here? Exactly?

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked.
Who else could he be talking about? I'm sure that Natasha or Tony or even that panther dude would join us or our side.

"He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good." Clint pulled opened the back door of the van and laying on the ground of the van was a man and I knew instantly who he was.

"What timezone is this?" Scott asked.

"Come on. Come on." Count ushered him out of the car, and he also helped him a bit physically pulling him out.

Scott shakes Steve's hand with an amazed look. "Captain America."

Take a picture. It would last longer.

"Mr. Lang." Well Steve was polite as well. That's what made him an amazing person.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America." He looks at Wanda. "I know you, too. You're great!" He was like a fangirl just meeting Harry Styles for the first time. He turns back and feels Steve's shoulders. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so . . . thinks for thinking of me." He looks over to Sam. "Hey, man!"

"What's up, Tic Tac?"
"Tic Tac?" I ask confused.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I . . ." I was, of course, ignored.

"It was a great audition, but it'll . . . it'll never happen again."

"I kind of want to know what happened." I voiced. Everyone turned and just stared. Scott more in amazement everyone else was giving me a dry a look.

"Oh my! You're Delaney!" Scott finally said and went to shake my hand but I took a step back and crossed my arms.

"Sorry, I don't do skin to skin contact." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah, I heard about what happened with Loki a while ago." He said and retreated back away. "Speaking of your... problem, I have some friends who might be able to help with that we'd just have to study and they'd ask some questions, take some DNA-"

"Scott. Shut up."

"Yup. I'm shutting up now."

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked. Scott's attention turned towards him, I swear he was a like a child in a candy store.

"Something about some . . . psycho-assassins?" Well that's an interesting way to put it.

"We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man." Steve said just so Scot would fully understand the situation. It also wasn't you're normal shoplifting. This was serious shit we were about to do.

"Yeah, well, what else is new?" I can't tell whether he's dumb, brave, or both.

"We should get moving." Bucky cut in.

"We got a chopper lined up." Clint said. I clenched my fists. My heart began to pound and I tried to calm it down but the anticipation running through my veins was probably going to give me a heart attack.

Suddenly the PA came on and a man started speaking German.

"Dies ist eine Notsituation. Alle Passagiere müssen den Flughafen sofort evakuieren." It wasn't too hard to figure out what he was saying.

"They're evacuating the airport." I said and then looked to Steve who was looking at Sam.

"Stark." Was all Sam said.

"Stark?" Scott asked in a mix of surprise, excitement, and a little hint of fear. Steve looked over at Scott, then moved his eyes over everyone's faces. His eyes landed on mine. We held eye contact and I knew he regretted bringing me along. He didn't want me to see this. To see my family torn apart.

"Suit up."

***

"Steve." I called and he turned to look at me. He was about to leave and jog out from an underpass.

"Delaney." He didn't turn to look at me.

"I knew what we were getting into." I said. He was about to say something but I cut him off. "Steve, I didn't want to but I knew. I know a lot about the future and I saw it coming. Well not exactly like this. I had puzzle pieces and I had to put them together. I knew from the moment that we were captured the first time that we would escape and this was going to happen. I'm not afraid and I don't want you to feel guilty. I guess what I'm trying to say-"

I was cut off by Steve's lips on mine. He pulled me closer to him and I wrapped my hands around his neck. We held each other in the embrace while our lips were locked.
When he pulled away he laid his forehead on mine.

"You talk a lot sometimes." He said.

I laughed a little and went to kiss him once again when a throat cleared. I pulled away quickly and felt the heat rise to my cheeks as I saw Bucky standing there.

"You ready Steve or would you like a minute?" Steve cheeks tinted a little pink as well.

"You should go." I said and backed away a little. "I'll see you out there okay?"

"Okay."

As Steve and Bucky left I touched my fingers to my lips. They still tingled from when he kissed me.

But something wasn't right.

I didn't feel his pain when we touched.