01 -The Next Chapter

"Good morning Adam!" Chase said with a smile (as usual).

"The usual?" Adam asked, not even looking up from the counter. "Extra large iced salted caramel cafe mocha, with two pumps of vanilla, four pumps of hazelnut, extra mocha sauce, chips, chocolate drizzle, extra caramel drizzle, and a scoop of vanilla bean powder- and extra whip."

"You're a wizard," Chase said in awe. Adam gave Chase a small smile and then handed him his so called, 'coffee'.

"$5.87," Adam said calmly. Chase paid for his mocha, and sat at the table nearest to where Adam was. "Hey, are you free tonight?" Adam suddenly asked. Chase looked up surprised.

"No, why?" he questioned.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out..." Adam replied awkwarly. "My brother's going to be at a school camp, and my mom's working. We'd have my whole house to ourselves."

"Yay! Sounds like a blast!" Chase smiled. Adam's face lit up with glee.

"Cool, you can come around dinner time I guess. I'll order some pizza, and we can watch some Netflix."

"Can we get veggie pizza with pineapple?" Chase said, hoping up and down excitedly. "And can we watch Finding Nemo? Pretty pretty please!"

"Sure, whatever you want," Adam replied.

"Okay! I have to go now, class starts real soon! I wouldn't want to be late again!"

Again? Adam thought.

Chase waved good-bye, and raced out the cafe doors. Once he was gone, Adam let out a sigh and smiled.

He's so cute.

The thought surprised himself. Adam's faced got hot and turned a bright shade of red.

What am I thinking? I'm not gay... am I?

+ + +

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Adam opened the front door to see Chase standing there with a warm smile.

"Hey Adam!" Chase smiled with glee, giving his best friend a big hug. Adam blushed a light pink. The motion had surprised him, but he returned Chase's hug awkwardly.

"I got some veggie pizza with pineapple, and I pulled up Finding Nemo on the TV, just like you asked," Adam said as they departed from the hug.

"Yay! Nemo!" Chase smiled as he entered Adam's home. He followed Adam into his living room where there were a few pizzas, some soda, and the movie.

Chase joyfully skipped over and sat down on the couch, grabbing a slice of pizza on the way, and stuffed it in his mouth. Adam did the same, then started the movie.

As the music played, and Chase continued to stuff pizza down his throat, a strange question hit Adam's mind.

"Hey Chase, can I ask you an important question?" Chase turned to Adam, cheese and tomato sauce all over his precious face. He swallowed his food and nodded. Adam continued, "What am I to you?" he asked, trying desperately to avoid eye contact.

"What do you mean?" Chase replied in confusion, cocking his face to the side like a puppy.

"Am I a friend... an acquaintance...?" Chase stared at Adam for a few moments. He then grabbed the soft blue blanket that laid on the side of the couch and unfolded it. He then lurches towards Adam, wrapping both of them in the blanket warmth.

"Chase, what are you-"

"Shhh! You're my best friend Adam!" Chase smiled, holding Adam tightly. "Plus, I'm cold."

Adam's face got hot once again, blood quickly rushing towards it, turning a dark shade of red. Chase's body of warm and comforting, almost like a stuffed bear. Adam's arms slowly wrapped around Chase.

That's it... Adam thought to himself, I love him.

+ + +

Chase stretched his muscles as Adam exited out of Netflix.

"You know, whenever I'm stuck on a test problem, I always think of Dory! I say 'Just keep swimming Chase!' and I'm able to pull through!" Chase exclaimed.

"You really love Disney movies, don't you?" Adam replied.

"Yup! Of course!" Chase said excitedly. Adam let off a warm smile to Chase. Of course, he didn't notice because he was checking the time on his phone. "What!?! It's almost 9 o'clock! I have early classes tomorrow, I'll need to head out soon."

"Oh yeah, okay," Adam replied, upset that Chase had to go. He wanted him to stay longer, as long as possible. "Thanks for coming... it was fun."

"Yeah! We should hang out more often!" Chase smiled. Adam led him to the the door, where they had to depart and go their separate ways. "Well, looks like I'm gonna be heading home," Chase said.

"Yeah..." Adam responded awkwardly. "Thanks again for coming... I really appreciate it..." Before Chase knew it, Adam had reached over for a hug, holding the man he loved in his arms.

"Adam...?"

"Hey Chase, I have another question for you..." Adam said, not letting go of Chase, "Do you think it's wrong for a man to love another man?"

"No, of course not... I think that people should be able to love whoever they want... why do you ask?" Chase replied.

"That's good to hear," Adam smiled. He pulled away from the hug and stared into Chase's eyes.

"Adam what are you-" Chase was cut off by Adam's soft lips. Chase turned as red as ripe tomato, but he seemed to... enjoy it.

Their lips parted and left them staring into each other's eyes. Adam immediately pulled away, covering his mouth in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry- I just..." Adam paused for a moment before continuing, "I couldn't help myself..." He scratched the back of his head, trying to put his feelings into words. "You really mean a lot to me... you know that? Before you came along I didn't really have any friends and..." He took a deep breath and tried to slow down his heart, which was going way over the speed limit. "I love you Chase... I can't even put it into words... you just mean so much to me and I just..."

"Don't worry about it," Chase smiled, "I love you too!" And with that, Chase leaned up on his tippy toes, gently kissing Adam. "Now, I could stay here forever, but I really have to leave. I hope I can see you tomorrow!" He opened the door to leave, but quickly stopped right before he could even take a step outside. "Sleep tight, and don't let the bed-bugs bite!" He blew a kiss, and headed on his way home.

Adam stood there in front of the doorway, not really sure what to do. He was still trying to process what had just happened.

"H-he loves me?" Adam fell to the floor and onto his knees, putting his face in his hands.

"He loves me!"

END.