05 - Rain

"Adam! Adam! Guess who aced their finals!" Chase called out excitedly. He was hoping up and down non-stop.

"Oh congrats!" Adam smiled. "Seems like all those hours of helping your study paid off, huh."

"Yup!" Chase replied happily. "Your the best study couch a guy could have!" Adam smiled as he made Chase's frappuccino.

"$5.87," Adam said, handing Chase his drink.

"Thanks!" Chase smiled as he paid for his drink. "You know what, you should come to my house for ice cream so we can celebrate!" Chase said.

I don't think he really needs ice cream... Adam thought.

"Okay, but my shift ends in about ten minutes. Can you wait until then?" Adam asked.

"Yeah, I can wait," Chase replied, sitting over at the nearest table. He peeked out the window to see clouds gathering together and darkening the sky. "Looks like it's going to rain soon..." Chase said. Adam took a quick look out the window and nodded.

"Let's hope it doesn't get too bad," Adam said. "I'm not a huge fan of the rain."

"Really? I love the rain!" Chase exclaimed. "You get all wet, and then you can splash in big puddles!" As soon as Chase finished his sentence, there was a crack of thunder. Chase jumped in his seat, and Adam looked once again out the window. Rain droplets started to fall from the sky above, and the dark gloomy clouds covered the sun so no light could shine trough.

"Well, looks like we jinxed it," Adam sighed.

"Yay! Rain!" Chase smiled, slurping his frappuccino gleefully.

"You're always too positive," Adam said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the counter.

"What's wrong with that?" Chase questioned. "Being happy makes me happy!" Adam raised one eyebrow at Chase, trying to make sense of what he had just said.

"Yeah okay, whatever you say," he sighed as he checked the cloak. "Well, looks like my shift is over." Adam took his apron off and walked over to grab his coat which laid on a hanger behind the counter. "Let's go cutie." Chase jumped up from his seat and took Adam's hand in his as they left the Cafe. 

The rain poured like a shower head and people in the streets were scrambling to find some place dry.

"Okay, how are we gonna do this?" Adam asked, looking around trying to find a way to get to Chase's house and not get wet.

"Oh hey! I got an idea!" Chase's face lit up with excitement as he turned to Adam. "I'm going to need to use your coat."

"Okay," Adam replied, taking off his coat and handing it over. Chase gladly took it and put it above both of their heads. Chase's arm wrapped around Adam's shoulder as he moved closer.

"We're going to need to stay close together, okay?" Chase said.

I don't see any problems with that, Adam thought as he nodded his head in response.

They both spirited as fast as they could through the rain. Even with the coat to cover them, they were still soaked. But that didn't matter right know. 

After for what seemed like hours of running, the boys made it to Chase's place. They were panting and out of breath.

"We made it," Adam smiled as water droplets rolled down his face. Chase smiled and nodded as he opened the door to his home.

"Let's go dry up, I don't want you to catch a cold," Chase said as Adam followed him into his house. Chase took two towels from the bathroom, wrapping himself, and then wrapping his boyfriend.

"Thanks babe," Adam smiled warmly. Chase's heart skipped a beat as he turned as red as a tomato. Seeing Chase embarrassed made Adam let out a little chuckle. He reached out his arms, pulling Chase in for a hug. Adam leaned downwards, gently kisses Chase's collar bone.

"A-Adam..." Chase rested his head on Adam's shoulder, trying to hide away his red face.

"I love you, Chase," Adam said softly, kissing Chase once more, this time on the lips.

"I-I love you too...." Chase replied as their lips parted. He snuggled up closer to Adam, as the rain continued to plummet down on the rooftop. The two lovers listened to the rain as it fell, embarrassing one another, never to let go.

END.