03 - Horror Movie

Adam's cell phone rang as he laid on his couch watching HGTV. He picked it up to hear Chase's voice on the other line.

"Hey-" Adam was immediately cut off by Chase's booming voice.

"A-Adam! I n-need y-you!" Chase cried though the phone line. Adam started to panic.

"Ch-Chase! What's wrong?!" Adam asked as he rushed out the door to his boyfriend's house. Chase continued to cry on the other line. Adam ran faster and faster, trying to get to Chase's house as quick as possible. "Just hang tight, okay? I'll be there in a few minutes."

"O-okay..." Chase sobbed. Adam hung up and let out a worried sigh. So many thoughts filled his mind of what could have happened. Just hearing Chase cry broke his heart, he had to be there for him.

Once Adam made it to Chase's apartment he rushed through the door, gently closing it behind him.

"Chase?" Adam called as he walked around, looking for his boyfriend.

"I-I'm over h-here..."Chase stuttered from the corner of the room. He was wrapped in a blanket and had a bunch of used tissues beside him. His entire body was shaking, and salty tears were flowing from his eyes, staining the carpet beneath him.

Adam's heart sank as he saw the love of his life scared and afraid. He quickly rushed forward, falling to the ground, and wrapping his arms around Chase. He gave him a small peck on the cheek, and confronted him as much as possible.

"Chase, what happened?" Adam asked in concern. Chase dug his fingers into Adam's shirt, almost tearing it off. He rubbed his face into Adam's neck and shoulders, trying to calm down.

"W-well, I-I was watching T-TV, and then there was this s-scary commercial..." Chase explained, stuttering on each word. "Th-there was th-this c-c-clown, and h-he took little k-kids into a s-sewer, a-a-and h-he..." Chase paused for a moment, trying to catch his breath. "H-he k-k-killed the k-kids!" Chase cried. "A-and there's a sewage thing n-next to here, an-an-and-"

"Shhh..." Adam calmly cut Chase off as he gently stroked his hair, holding him closely. "It was just a movie trailer. That clown doesn't exist, he can't get you."

"R-really?" Chase sobbed.

"Yes, really," Adam reassured Chase as he kissed his forehead. "You know when you called me, you really scared me..." Adam looked Chase in the eyes, and started to whip away his tears.

"I-I'm sorry..." Chase sniffled.

"It's okay my love," Adam replied. Chase's face went red from embarrassment.

Soon enough Chase's tears faded away, yet he stayed still stayed in Adam's arms. He was always warm, almost like a heater. Being with Adam gave him a sense of comfort and security.

"I'm sorry Adam," Chase apologize again, "I don't know what I ever did to deserve a guy like you."

"Chase-"

"Can you promise me you'll never leave?" Chase asked, gripping tightly onto Adam's shirt. Adam blushed a light pink as his heart raced. Adam leaned over, kissing Chase. His lips were warm, and wet from his tears.

"I love you Chase, and I can promise you I'll never leave, okay?" Adam smiled a heartfelt smile as he kissed Chase once more.

Tears of joy filled Chase's eyes as he heard those words. He closed his eyes, and leaned into Adam's chest. His boyfriend's arms squeezed him tighter. After moments passed, Chase drifted off to sleep. He knew he was safe, and always would be. He had Adam there, and always would.

END.