04 - Bad Dreams

Adam laid on Chase's couch, sleeping soundly. He had worked extra hours at the cafe and was exhausted.

Chase on the other hand was full of energy (as usual). He had stopped by the cafe two times in a single day (which was already two times too many). He had an exam coming up and he was trying his best to study as hard as possible.

"Ch-Chase..."

"Chase's line of thought was cut off by the voice of his boyfriend calling his name. He turned around to face Adam, who still seemed to be sound asleep.

Is he talking in his sleep? Chase thought to himself, That's adorable! He then turned away and tried to focus once more on his school work.

"N-no... don't hurt him..." Adam muttered once more. Chase turned around, facing his lover's face.

Is he crying in his sleep?

Small tears rolled from Adam's eyes. His facial expression seemed to be troubled.

OMG! MY POOR BABY! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM!?! Chase panicked as his heartbeat grew faster and faster. WHAT SHOULD I DO? WAIT! THAT'S IT! I NEED TO WAKE HIM!

"Adam! Baby! Wake up! What's wrong?" Chase cried as he shook Adam awake. He slowly opened his eyes, seeing the worried face of Chase. "Adam!" Chase wrapped his arms around Adam, holding him tightly.

"What's wrong Chase?" Adam asked as he returned Chase's affection, softly kissing his cheek.

"You were crying in your sleep! I got worried and I didn't know what to do!" Chase franticly explained.

"Don't worry about it my love, it was just a nightmare. Everything's okay now," Adam replied, embracing Chase's affection.

"What was your nightmare about?" Chase questioned. Adam broke away from CHase's hug, and took his hands, holding them warmly in his own.

"Well... there was this big scary guy, and..." Adam paused for a few moments, taking a big breath in. "He h-hurt you..." Chase's eyes widened. Adam's face could show how traumatizing the dream was. He was shaking a little, and his lips were trembling.

Seeing Adam sad made Chase's heart break. Chase leaned up, and kissed his lover.

"Don't be sad Adam," Chase said, "It was only a dream." A small smile spread across Adam's face.

"Yeah, you're right..." Adam sighed.

"Plus, even if anyone did try to hurt me, I know you'd be there to save me!" Chase smiled. Adam's face turned pink from embarrassment. He pulled Chase's hair back so he could kiss his forehead.

"I love you, you know that?" Adam smiled.

"Yeah, I know!" Chase replied happily. "And I love you just the same!"

END.