#11: Birthday Surprise

Adria's P.O.V.

I sat there, staring at him in surprise at what he had just admitted. I wanted to say them back, I really did. I knew I loved him too, but I was shocked when I heard him say it. I know we just met yesterday, but it’s different between mates. This person in front of me was made especially for me and I was made especially for him. We already love our mates even if we haven’t met them. So saying it simply makes the fact truer.

“I…-”

 “You don’t have to say it back. I realize that it was too soon, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you. And I have loved you even before I met you, and I will continue to love you until the day I die.”

He said this while putting a shout of hair behind my ear. I had tears in my eyes. He picked me up and put me in his lap. He hugged me.

“Don’t cry baby girl I can’t stand to see you cry, it breaks my heart.”

I nodded and tried to wipe my eyes but he beat me to it.

“I’m not crying out of sadness James.”

 “Then why are you crying?”

“It’s just that, no one has ever said those words to me, no one has ever made me feel so loved. The reason that I’m crying is because I know I love you but I couldn’t say it back because you took me by surprise.”

“I also wanted to explain to you and also apologize for my possessiveness and jealousy. The reason for this is because I feel like you’ll realize that you can do much better than me, leave me and break my heart.”  He said, his voice slightly breaking.

I stared in disbelief at his admission of what he felt.

“I’ll never leave you. You were made for me. You are the only one that can make me truly happy. Even if I wanted to, I could never leave you. It would hurt too much. If anything I’m scared you’ll leave me. That’s why I push you away. I figure that if I push you away, maybe by the time you leave me, it won’t hurt as much.”

He chuckled.“Baby girl, I would never leave you, I love you too damn much.”

He pecked my lips and stood up with me in his arms.

“Let’s go and watch “Think Like a Man” in our room.”

As we exited the pantry we saw a group of people standing in the kitchen. Some of the girls were in tears and the guys were just staring our direction.

"What are you doing?" Asked James.

A young girl came up to us; she was at least my age. She was around my height with dark brown hair.

“We're sorry Alpha. We're here because we were going to start making lunch, but Dylan told us to not go in the pantry because you were in there, but then we heard you talking To our Luna and saying such beautiful things to her that we had to stay and listen.”

James and I looked at each other and chuckle. He kissed my temple and we kept walking towards his room.

“Paula, would you be so kind and let me know when lunch is ready? That way we can come down and join all of you. That way you can get to know you Luna.” He said this well grinning at me. I could tell he was proud of his mate.

“Yes Alpha, gladly.” She smiled and got to work.

When we arrived to his room he laid me on the bed. He walked to the other side and lied down. He turned the TV on but I didn’t really pay much attention. James had me in a tight embrace. I was getting tired, so I let my eyes fall closed for a while. I was woken up by a knock at the door. The movie was in the part that Dominic opened his food truck. I was asleep for a while. I tried to get up to open the door but James’ hold tightened slightly when I tried to move away.