#14: Never Leaving My Sight

I woke up to find a worried James in my face. I tried to no but I realized I was being held up by his hands.

"Don’t move. Doctor's orders.”

He smiled. I was stubborn and tried to move but I instantly felt pain. James looked frustrated.

"I thought I told you not to move."

I gave him an innocent smile.

“I know, but I still have to try.”

“Dammit Adria! I was worried sick about you! You wouldn’t wake up! I tried everything. Except for one thing, but only because I knew you would be pissed when you found out.”

I knew what he was talking about. He didn’t mark me and I was thankful for it. I smiled but came to the realization of what he had just said. I wouldn’t wake up.

"James. How long was I out?"

 "Three days."

I stared at the ceiling. Three days? WTF! That couldn't be. "Wha… Wh… How?!”

I was shocked.

“Apparently, you hit your head very hard and that knocked you out. I was very worried. Everything was a mess. It was even worse knowing it was all my fault.”

I cut him off there.

“James! This is not your fault. Don’t you dare blame yourself! If anything it was my fault! I wasn’t looking to where I was going.”

“If I hadn’t pounced on you, you wouldn’t have broken your arm and dislocated your shoulder.”

“Yes, but if I hadn’t pranked you to get back at you for laughing at me you would have never chased me.”

He looked at me

“Why did you prank me? I think I misheard what you said. Did you say you were getting back at me for laughing at you?”

I was getting nervous. Damn, I shouldn’t have said that.

“Umm… Maybe?”

He chuckled.

“Oh Princess, you were going to be the death of me aren’t you.”

He said with a grin.

“I don’t know. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.”

We both laughed but I groaned in pain for shaking my shoulders while laughing.

“Stay here princess, I have to let everyone know you are awake.”

He said this a little unhappy.

“Wait, don’t you think they could wait a little longer?”

“Sorry princess is much as I would like to have you to myself, I can’t. I promised Cordelia and she would kill me if she knew I didn’t tell her right away.”

I knew he wasn’t lying. I nodded and he left. As soon as he was out I tried to stand. The pain in my shoulder was excruciating but I managed to block it out and stand up.

I was trying to walk to the bathroom. The pain was becoming too much to bear. I grabbed the doorframe for support, I was fainting again. I could feel it. I heard the door open. I fainted, but not before I heard a gasp.

I opened my eyes slowly and welcomed a migraine as I did so. Damn. I must have hit my head again, just great. Freaking perfect. James will never let me out of his sight now. James was sitting on a chair next to me. He looked pissed, I mean more than usual.