#21: Joyful Gift

Adria's P.O.V.

2 Months Later

3 days after coming back from the beach James told me I smelled difference. I didn't know what he was talking about so I shrugged it off.

The days passed and he started to worry.

"Princess, you smell different it’s the same except a little different."

He stayed pensive for a while. His eyes widened, but soon as it came it went. I decided to ignore it.

If it was important he would tell me. He yelled for Dylan to come.

He showed up 10 seconds later, he came in with Teresa in tow. James stood up from our bed and pulled Dylan along with him.

“Hey Adria! How’s it going?”

I smiled.

“It is amazing! I love him so much. You? How are things?”

She was smiling so wide I thought her face would crack.

“Well, there is one thing that has happened.”

“What?”

“He marked me! I’m so happy I could burst!”

“Oh my God Teresa! I’m so happy for you!”

“Thank you! Hey, has James told you you smell differently lately?”

“Yeah why?”

 “Oh no reason, it’s just that you kind of do.”

“Well, I don’t know what it could be, I hope it goes away soon.”

We were in there for like 10 minutes before James and Dylan came back. James had a box in his hand. Dylan and Teresa smiled at me and then left.

James came closer to me and handed me the box. It was a Clearblue pregnancy test.

"Are you sure?"

I asked a little unsure.

James took my hand in his.

"Take it. There's no harm in it."

 I nodded and walked to the bathroom.

Two minutes later the test came out positive.

I was pregnant.

I began to cry. I wasn’t angry that I was pregnant, on the contrary, I was happy, excited even. For some reason everything that I was feeling cause me to ball up on the ground and cry.

The thoughts going through my mind were overwhelming. James came storming to the bathroom. He sat next to me and said me on his lap.

“What’s wrong princess, why are you crying?”

“I passed the test.”

I chuckled.

“What does it mean when you say you ‘passed the test’? It confuses me.”

“It’s positive James. I’m pregnant.”

His face lit up like a Christmas tree. He cupped my face preoccupied.

“That’s great princess! But why are you crying?”

“It’s just that I’m worried.”

“What about love?”

“I don’t know if I’ll be a good enough mother. What happens if I drop it a or if I lose it. Or worse what is a grows up and hates me James?! I don’t want our pup to hate me! I think I’ll die, I swear I won’t be able to do with it.” His eyes went black and less than a millisecond.