#17: Spill It!

Adria's P.O.V

"Spill it Adria! You know I'm going to find out sooner or later."

He was getting angry.

"Don't worry about it, I'm healing already, it'll be gone by the day after tomorrow."

I tried to wave him off but he wouldn't have any of it.

"Either you do it willingly or by force, either way you’re going to show me.”

“No James, I’m not.”

“Dammit Adria! Why can’t you let me fucking take care of you? That’s all I want to do. Please just let me do when I am meant to do.”

He said this with the pleading voice. Towards the end I heard his voice break slightly.

“If I do, will you promise me that you won’t go all Alpha crazy on me. I’m talking about black eyed, husky voice, overprotectiveness and possessiveness. Promise?”

He stared at me. I could see him considering this. I’m still going to show him but I want to see what I can get out of the deal.

“I make no such promises, but I will try.”

I sighed.

“Okay, fine.”

I lifted my shirt to uncover my stomach. I had to room door open.

“How’s our sick-“

James growled at a shocked Cordelia.

“Adri! What the hell happened to you?! Who did that?”

Paula came in to get Cordelia out.

“Cordelia, you need to- OH MY GOD! Adria! What happened?!”

I was going to lower the shirt but James stopped me.

“Don’t you dare lower that shirt of yours until I am done expecting it. As for you two,”

He said pointing at Cordelia and Paula.

“Get out now!”

“James, don’t talk to them like that. They were just checking up on me.”

They left when James yelled at them.

“You can’t yell at my only two friends! They were just being good friends and making sure was okay. I swear that if I could walk I would have stormed out of here because you felt like being an ass!”

“I needed to see you stomach to see how bad it was. I was simply mad that I was interrupted. Could you please raise your shirt?”

I did as he asked. This time when he saw what my stomach looked like, his eyes went black.

“Why I oughta… Did he really do this to you?”

I nodded.

“Thank God I killed them because if I didn’t I would’ve gone back and killed him.”

 I stared in. He was really angry and quite frankly he scared me. His eyes lighted as tears started to cloud his eyes.

“I’m so sorry Princess! I wish I had gotten there sooner. If I had stopped you from leaving this would’ve never happened. You have no idea how sorry I am. I should’ve taken better care of you! I can’t believe I let this happen. How can you even forgive me? I caused this.”

I started to cry too. He can’t be beating himself up over this. It wasn’t his fault. I would have still left. I wouldn’t have listened to him.