10 Years Later and Meeting Dwayne

"Wake up princess, the sun has set." I heard David whisper in my ear before kissing it gently. "Come on my love." I opened my eyes as I heard him drop from the pole we were hanging on, to the floor where he slipped his shoes on. I yawned, dropping beside him and lacing up my boots, pulling on my hoodie and kissing David gently. "Hungry?"

"Always darling. And I get to pick tonight." I chuckled, jumping away from him and racing outside to my bike. "Keep up Ace!" I teased before feeling him wrap his arms around my waist and fall to the ground on top of me.

"What did I tell you about calling me that princess?" He smirked kissing down my neck before biting down just where my neck met my shoulder, knowing it drives me insane. "Dammit." I looked up surprised that he had stopped. "Max needs me." He sighed.

"Ughh! Why?" He chuckled at my frustration.

"I don't know, but we better go." He pulled me up and I quickly straddled my bike making him raise his eyebrows.

"I want to ride my bike today." I shrugged and he rolled his eyes, taking off in front of me. We raced down the beach all the while I was screaming and laughing like a crazy person, just making David laugh at me. As we rode up onto the boardwalk I felt a tug in my chest. "I'm going to take a walk, you go talk to Max."

"You know I don't like you going off without me, I'm the only one who can look after you right now, and I don't want you hurt."

"Trust me, I'll meet you back here in an hour." He hesitated but nodded, knowing I was going whether he said yes or not.

"Just be careful." I felt him kiss my head before walking to the back of the video store. I began walking, having a much harder time getting through the crowd without David. He scared most people so we got through the crowd with relative ease, but I'm just a teenage girl, people won't be scared of me until it's too late. I was listening to the music that was coming from the concert stage and sighed, not understanding this feeling in my chest until I glanced to my left and met dark brown eyes. This man, sitting at a table was the definition of tall dark and handsome, and his eyes drew me in, just as David's had. He looked down when he realized he was staring, and I walked over, sitting opposite him at the table.

"Hi. You new around here?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?" He questioned looking up once again.

"I'm here every night, and I definitely would have remembered you." I saw a slight blush on his cheeks which he tried to hide. He wouldn't have it much longer, so I was going to see it as long as I could. "You're adorable." I grinned as it just got deeper. "I'm Harley."

"Dwayne...nice to meet you."

I noticed the sad look overcasting his face and took his hand gently. "Are you alright?" He shrugged. "What's bothering you?"

"Why do you want to know?"  He looked hesitant and I knew he was finding the mating pull overwhelming, everyone does but it's worse for humans that are feeling a vampires level of emotions for the first time.  "We just met and I want to tell you everything...why is that, why do you care?" I shrugged.

"Maybe one day you'll figure it out, but for right now, why are you so upset?"

"My um...my sister just died...and it was my fault." I squeezed his hand tighter. "I was driving the car, taking her to her dance class, we were hit by a drunk driver."

"Oh god." I climbed across the table pulling him into a tight hug which he responded to immediately. "It wasn't your fault, it was that idiot that decided to drive after getting drunk, his choices are not your fault, and I'm sure your sister wouldn't blame you."