Frogs and Healing

"Leave her alone! She's not the head vampire!" I heard a voice whisper harshly in my sleep.

"Of course not. Females never are, but they're the most dangerous. Females are statistically more vicious than males." Explained another.

"There's statistics on this?"

"Of course there is Mike, I say we get her first, because if we don't, she'll be the hardest to kill in order to protect her mates."

"Mates?" I tried as hard as I physically could but I couldn't get my eyes to snap open.

"Vampires never bring a female into the pack unless she's their mate. Did you even read the comic?!"

"NO!"

"SHHHH! Let's do this. First come, first staked." I tried moving my body, any possible way, and at the last moment I felt myself let go of the pole above me, before a sharp stabbing pain hit my stomach making me cry out in pain, finally willing my eyes open. "Shit! Run!" I saw Mike, as well as his brother Sam and 2 more boys jumping back from my body as my mates started dropping down from above.

"You're Dead Meat!" David yelled chasing them.

"Jesus!" I heard Dwayne yell as they surrounded me. "We have to pull it out." Paul nodded, grabbing it and yanking it from my stomach, causing me to scream yet again. I continued to sob until I felt something dripping on my mouth. Instinctively I reached out, latching onto what I understood to be Paul's wrist as Marko got behind me and leaned me onto his chest.

"She needs more than I can give her." Dwayne nodded, cutting his wrist with one of his claws and giving it to me next. I heard David come back and sit beside me, and relaxed more, now that they are all here, just feeling Marko stroking my hair gently, nuzzling me.

"Don't worry baby, they'll pay for this. We promise. No one gets away with hurting you." Marko swore as he cut his wrist next.

"Not even for Max's mate." Dwayne insisted, knowing I was going to protest.

"Michael swore I wasn't the head. He didn't want them to kill me. I could hear them talking." I whispered, pushing David's wrist away, seeing that he was already hurt, making him sigh. "They wanted to kill me first, they said I would be more dangerous if they killed one of you."

"Hell hath no fury like a women scorned...and a vampire women at that!" Dwayne muttered and we all chuckled.

"You guys go back to sleep. We'll get me something to eat before we go to the house." Marko pulled me closer to him, leaning back on the wall and soon all my mates were gathered around me. "Guys, this can't be comfortable."

"Hush princess. Go to sleep." Paul laughed from his position in between my legs and I sighed, leaning back on Marko and drifting into a dreamless oblivion.