Your Happy Feelings

You couldn't wait for the first ever Odd Squad sleepover, especially since it was in one of your favorite rooms in headquarters-the pillow fort room. You spent the entire evening before buying a new pair of pajamas, because you not only wanted to look good, but you wanted to impress one of your closest friends, Otis. Finally (Your Favorite Hairstyle) was laying just right on your head, and you had on your new, cute, (Y/F/C) pajamas. You grabbed your duffel bag and you were good to go, practically running to the tubes that would lead you from your house into headquarters. When you arrived mostly everyone was already there, and they were all milling about before the real party began. 

"Howdy do, (Y/N)! Are you ready for the sleepover," Oona asked as she showed up in front of you. 

"Yeah! I can't wait," you found yourself exclaiming. 

Just then you had spotted Otis, who was still wearing his Odd Squad suit, and you couldn't help but stare at his always perfect hair. Oona nudged you in the side with a knowing look, and you blushed as Ms. O took over. 

"Attention, everyone! The pillow fort room is now ready! Let's party," she shouted extra loudly, everyone yelling in agreement. 

It reminded you of rookie night the way everyone was so hyped up. It was no surprise though when Otis was trailing behind, which you purposely slowed down to stay next to him. 

"Hey, Otis. Didn't you have any pajamas," you wondered casually. 

"Yeah, but I don't really feel comfortable in them," he confided. 

It didn't surprise you that he felt that way, but then Oona was rushing over with a gadget. 

"Pajama-inator," she exclaimed, zapping Otis with it. 

"What happened to my suit," Otis questioned, his voice raising a bit as he looked down at his new outfit. 

You personally loved how those pajamas in that shade of blue brought out his matching colored eyes though. 

"Don't worry. You can get a new suit from Ms. O," Oona assured him. 

"But I don't want a new suit," he exclaimed, clearly upset. 

He looked as though he were about to cry, but you knew that wasn't the case. The only time he had shed tears in front of anyone was when Olympia gave him gifts for their Halfaversary. 

"Well, you can't wear a suit to a pajama party. It just isn't done. It's like wearing a coat to go swimming, or a swim suit to go skiing," she spoke dramatically on the end, gazing up at the ceiling at nothing in particular. 

"Well, all I know is, I can't go in there looking like this," Otis complained, his eyebrows resembling squiggles. 

You smiled softly as you took his hand, him glancing down at it. 

"Come on, Otis. It does bring out your blue eyes," you admitted, hoping the heat in your face didn't mean it was red. 

"You think," questioned Otis, the warmth growing stronger as you looked into his blue eyes. 

"Yeah," you confirmed. 

"Alright," Otis caved. 

His expression may still have been upset, but at least he was heading towards the pillow fort room by then. 

"Okay! Listen up! First we're going to have ice cream," yelled Ms. O. 

"Ice cream-inator," shouted Oona, as she popped up and zapped bowls of the treat into everyone's hands.