King Otis

A/N: Hey guys, I'm not so sure how I feel about this one, but I hope you enjoy it anyways. I was trying to think of a different idea, than you automatically being part of the squad. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. It means so much. Thanks! <3

Today was not just any other day at the squad, because it was when Odd Squad agents would show kids around headquarters. It was an opportunity for them to decide if they wanted to join or not, and you were one of them. You were a bit older than some of the others, but even though you were closer to Olive's age when she got Otto as a partner, you were still excited to think about joining. Ms. O was originally going to lead everyone around, but that year there was a bigger group than usual, so she had to call in some reinforcements. Olympia had happily taken a group of ten, while Ms. O took the other group. They ended up miscalculating though, which meant you were stuck all alone, and unsure of where to go, or what to do. 

"Hey, do you need help with something," wondered a boy's voice. 

When you turned around though, it hit you that he had the most beautiful blue eyes in the world, along with squiggly eyebrows you had never seen before. 

You smiled shyly as you told him, "Yeah. I accidentally didn't get sorted into a group. I was supposed to be shown around headquarters today. I'm thinking about joining." 

"I can show you around, if you'd like," he offered, yet he seemed so serious. 

He had his arms locked behind his back, along with a face that meant business. 

"Okay," you nodded. 

"Come on. I'll show you the hall of doors. I think that's where Ms. O just went," he shared. 

You smiled softly as you followed him, gazing all around at the incredible, odd atmosphere. Soon you were moving down a maze of hallways, the boy showing you all of the different doors, and telling you where they led to. It just then hit you that you didn't know his name as you stopped outside the Bottomless Pit Door, which you didn't find too reassuring to be so close to. 

"Hey, um, what's your name," you awkwardly asked, since this boy was gorgeous. 

"The name's Otis," he replied simply, barely turning to look at you. 

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, Otis. I'm (Y/N)," you cheerfully spoke, holding out your hand. 

As he shook your hand, you couldn't help but blush, and think how you just did that, so that he would sort of be holding your hand. 

"Where does this door lead to," you wondered, when you spotted one with a big potato stuck onto it. 

"That's the Potato Room, and it leads to Potato Land," he nodded seriously once. 

"Can I see it," you boldly asked. "I don't think that's the best idea...," he trailed off, but just then Olympia's group could be seen in the distance. 

"And this is the Bubble Room! Put these goggles on, and then we can go in," Olympia instructed, as she gave her entire group goggles to wear. 

"Bubbles," exclaimed Oona, already jumping into there sideways with a splash. 

"You heard her! Let's go," shouted Olympia, all of the kids shouting as they raced in there. 

Otis noticed the look you were giving him, which made him quickly claim, "No, we can't go into the Potato Room. It's a whole other world. The Bubble Room is just a place with bubbles. No, we couldn't..."