Part 6

Kevin's alarm woke them up and they got ready for school. Kevin was feeling rather pleased with himself when he would see Edd limp after he pounded the genius into the wall, and this time was no different.

Edd stretches out and gives a big yawn. He reaches over and checks his phone, sighing as he read the needy text from his equally needy friend. 'May I help you good sir?' he texts to Eddy.

'Well, u can start by answering ur phone!'

'I was trying to sleep in a little bit, thank you very much' Edd texts back tersely.

'I'm sry but I need u! My hmwk is due 2day n I dont kno how 2 do it! Plz D?!'

'Why didn't you ask me for help yesterday while I was over there?'

'Cuz I 4got! Plz Edd!? If I fail nemore my parents will kill me! I no u already got this done...'

'Fine. But this is it Eddy. I've got enough stress with my own classes. I can't make myself go gray trying to get you through school too.'

'Thank u! I just need that end ch. review n that stupid project we teamed up on' Eddy texts back, he had to keep Edd away from Kevin as much as possible. He knew he was irritating his friend, but his main concern was keeping him away from Kevin as much as possible. Coming up with the money needed was hard and he almost had enough for them to deal with the red headed jock.

*@*

Hearing Edd groan, Kevin turned around with his shirt in his hand. "You okay?"

"Yes. I'm fine. We should start heading out. I just remembered that I needed to meet Ed and Eddy before school so that we can talk about this project" Edd says with a forced smile.

"You're still free tonight, right?"

"Of course, Love! I can't wait to have you all to myself again" Edd grins. "Are we walking or driving today?"

"Walking, it's still nice out. My bike should be fixed soon, I hope. Let's get going so you can talk to Ed and Eddy" Kevin grabbed his bag and walked down stairs after Zoie. Looking back, he sees Shira take the first few steps before tumbling down the rest and land at his feet. "Oh Shira! Are you okay?" Kevin lifted her up and placed her on her own feet.

"Kevin, what did you do to my dog?!" Edd calls from the top of the stairs, blue eyes casting a glare at his boyfriend. "She'd better not be hurt!"

"She fell down the stairs! I didn't do anything! I can't help that she is clumsy!"

"You should've helped her down!" Edd retorts. He marches down the stairs and kneel down to check her for injuries before sashaying away.

"Oh yeah, since she is a year and a half old and as graceful as a ballerina..."

"What was that?!" Edd snaps from the kitchen.

"Oh nothing, I just said that it's not my fault that Shira walks like a baby deer on ice."

Edd peeks his head around the corner with a mock frown "If you keep talking about my dog, I'll cancel our date tonight."

"You didn't seem to care when she nearly took the screen door off the hinges! We laughed about that for a week!"

"Well that was different!" Edd says defensively. "No one pushes her down the stairs to let her out of the door."

"I didn't push her down the stairs, babe!" Kevin wrapped his arms around Edd's waist and locked them, holding him tightly with a grin.

Edd cracks a smile and places a kiss on Kevin's cheek "Sure, you didn't. You can prove yourself later tonight."

Kevin grinned and they got ready and left the house. Halfway to school, they meet up with Eddy and Ed. "Hey Double D!" Ed called happily.