Part 9

Edd's body relaxed and tears began to stream from his eyes "I'm so sorry, Kevin."

"Shh, it's okay. No one blames you" Kevin pulls him into a tight hug in the abandoned hallway.

"I *hic* s-saw his *hic* post and I couldn't *hic* just let h-him get aw-ay with that!" he hiccupped.

"I'm sure Nat appreciates it, I'm sure Eddy's got another ass kicking when he get outs of here" Kevin smirked.

Edd nodded and nuzzled his face into his lover's shirt. "Thank you for stopping me, I love you."

"And I love you. Now let's go see Nat and Rave, okay?" Kevin pulled him forward into Rave's room.

*@*

Meanwhile, Eddy was walking home, holding a bloodied sleeve to his still bleeding nose and texting. 'Nice job wit takin out Goldberg but now they think I did it!'

'I apologize but things happen like this for a reason. You did not specify how things were to happen.'

'Whtvr, man. Just take Kevin out ASAP.'

'Understood.'

*@*

"Has he made any improvements?" Edd asked the solemn faced brunette before him.

"Yes, actually. He has squeezed my hand many times when I talk to him. Your father said that was a good sign" Rave gave a small smile.

"That's great! He should be coming to very soon! And what about you? Has your memory improved?"

"Yes, unfortunately it's no use. All I remember is Nat looking behind me and saying my name before I blacked out from something hitting the back of my head."

"It's interesting that they took you out first and not Nat, who is visibly stronger and more of an opponent" Kevin mused out loud but more to himself. He hadn't realized he had vocalized this thought.

Edd reached over and hit Kevin's leg in an attempt to make him be quiet. "Anyway, have you seen him today? Kevin and I are about to go across the hall, if you want to join us."

"Yes, I think I would actually" Kevin helped Rave stand and the three walked over to Nat's room. Rave sat in the chair to Nat's left and Kevin took his right, with Edd perched in his lap. "Hey Nat" Kevin said casually like he normally would.

Rave perked up "I felt his hand twitch, he hears you..."

Kevin's head perks up to look at Nat's face when he notices his light brown eyes staring back. "Yo, dude, I'm not used to seeing your eyes with your contacts."

Nat snickers "Sorry bro, no homo... Well, at least no homo for you."

"NAT!" Rave practically screamed, throwing himself onto his boyfriend's body. "You asshole! Why did you sleep for so long?!"

"Well, good morning Nathan. How are you feeling?" Edd grinned, happy now that both of them seem to be awake.

"Stiff as hell but I'm confused, what am I doing here?"

"You two were attacked after the football game." Edd explained, moving to hit the call button. "Do you remember anything from that night?"

Nat thought hard and concentrated. Hazy images in his head, morphed into fuzzy silhouettes, then some faces looked vaguely familiar. "Someone called my name... then someone showed up behind Rave and hit him in the back of the head. I'm assuming there was a fight and I ended up here but that's all I remember."