The big news pt:1

The night rolled along and now dad was getting ready for his date with Avi, the man he loved. Tonight they were heading out to a nice fancy restaurant to have some alone time, leaving me and Scott in the house for the night. I was hoping that tonight me, Avi, and dad will become the family I have always wanted. Dad had finally finished and now he was saying to us "Goodnight you too. I'll see you Scott when I get back and I'll will see you my prince in the morning." Scott and I smiled before Mitch headed out the door and as soon as we saw Avi's car driving away Scott asked "What's first?" I smiled before I stated "Blanket fort." As soon as I replied Scott ran up the stairs before coming back with a arm full of Blankets and pillow.
I just smiled before I followed his former actions by heading upstairs and grabbing almost every blanket I saw. Soon we got to building the fort covered almost the whole living room. Once we had finished the fort we crawled in and sat where we had all the pillows. Scott pulled out his computer and opened netflix before he asked "What do you want to watch?" My reply was blank when I said "I really don't care as long it doesn't end up giving me a nightmare." Scott just started looking for something as soon as I finished my sentence. Then he stated "Avi going to ask Mitch to marry him tonight." I was amazed then I replied "How would you know." he smiled then said "I help Avi pick an engagement ring last week."
That made me reply "Why didn't you tell me that Avi bought a ring?" Scott smiled then replied "Your always with Mitch or James. So, I really couldn't say anything." I had nothing to say so I guess that Scott knew to drop the subject. So he just started playing the movie which when I looked seemed to be some disney movie. Neither of us said anything as the movie went on as I was still mad at Scott and that I was also, so interested in the movie. Hours passed and so did the movies. One after another we watched movies that Netflix had offered us to watch until I heard the front door opened ever so lightly.
Then I heard someone say "Of course they made a fort." soon as deep chuckle had followed the line just said. Scott was fast asleep next me leaning his head on my shoulder and my heart was pounding. Soon the voice called "Let's leave them well tell them the news tomorrow." Soon I heard footsteps leave the room and rush of relief sweep over me and I was able to rest. Morning rolled along as I was woken up by Scott who was stirring and slowly waking up. The voices of the people from last night still sent chills down my spine as I remembered what they had said last night.
Before Scott I got out the fort and saw dad and Avi laying on the couch which looked in a very uncomfortable position for Avi. It made him smile that Avi and his dad were happy even though they have been through a lot together. Scott was soon awake and stood next to me as he looked at the happy couple. Scott said just above a slight whisper "Let's clean up our fort so they don't make us do it later." I smile spread across my face as I replied "Might as well because you never know what trick is up their sleeves."
Cleaning up our mess took ages and finally it looked just as it before we had created it. By the time we were finished both Avi and dad had just started to wake up. Right as they did a smiles was plastered on dad's face. It looked as if his smile couldn't be changed from it warm smile to a cold stern face. Dad said "Guys I have something exciting to tell you both!" as soon as he said that my eyes filled with excitement. As he continued "Well me and Avi..."

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in so long but school has been crazy lately but I hope you understand. This is going to be split into two parts so be prepared for the next part. I hope you keep reading and supporting this story.