7. "Crush"

CHAPTER 7.

"Crush".

Marinas POV

I stifled a laugh, the look on Ethan's face was priceless and the small injuries I gave him throughout the day made it even funnier.

After my brother closed the door he turned around, shocked.

"Why was he following you?"

he asked seeming to be very protective.

"It was no big deal, he thought I could fall victim to him but boy was he wrong". I replied with a sly smirk.

It took it him to comment but soon he said "That's my girl!" and ruffled my hair playfully.

He then retreated to his room.

I, on the other hand, was starving so I headed towards the kitchen.

I grabbed some chips and a coke and headed upstairs.

I put my food on my desk as I changed into one of Michael's giant sweaters and some shorts.

Then I began eating.

Soon after I finished, I headed downstairs to put everything away and saw through the glass in the front door, Ethan was standing there holding roses and staring down at the ground.

As he began to knock, I opened the door causing him to trip inside.

"Good...evening?" he said as he picked himself up and stood outside.

I gathered up my courage and walked outside into the pale moonlight.

I closed the door behind us and spat "What could you possibly want now?"

"I-I didn't know your brother was t-that guy". he said scratching his head.

"Well he is and now he has a broken heart and pure hatred for you". "And now so do I, do you know how much I want to punch you now?" I replied, probably up to my boiling point.

"At least, take my roses?" he said quietly like a whisper.

I took them from his hand as he turned around scratching his head and fast walked away into the distance.

The first thing I did when I got inside my house was throw the roses in the garbage.

NEXT DAY

I woke up before the alarm today because today I was so eager to get to school to see Lucie.

I debated with myself last night, whether I could trust Lucie or not with this kind of information.

My answer came to an obvious yes.

I decided to stay in Michael's giant gray sweater I had borrowed, I changed into light blue jeans that were ripped at my knees and my white socks with my black converse.

I decided to leave my hair down today , so to slightly make it look "presentable" I did a half down and half up look that looked nice and not childish on me.

I grabbed my phone and messenger bag and headed out the door ignoring my parents in the kitchen completely.

I walked towards the school to see Lucie sitting underneath a tree, scribbling in a book or journal.

"Hey Lucie!" I said cheerfully as I arrived to where she was sitting.

She looked up and smiled.

"Whatcha drawing?". I asked politely as possible.

When she didnt respond, I looked down at her lap where a notebook was placed with a drawing of a crow on it.

"Wow, that's REALLY good" I exclaimed.

She put her notebook back in her bag.

"Thanks" she said as she once again flashed her signature pearly white smile.

I helped her up and replied "Dont mention it".

"Can I trust you?" I blurted out while we started walking towards the doors of our school.

"Sure you can, why?" she commented.

I began telling her right from the start, when I bumped into him on the street and what happened with my brother and what happened yesterday.

"Well you're right to hate him, I heard he's a manwhore". she whispered.

As we entered the hallways, girls shot glares at me and some giggled.

"Oh haven't you heard?" Lucie cringed.

"Everyone thinks Ethan likes you, because he won't stop talking about you". Lucie frowned even more.

I stood paralyzed, not believing what I was hearing.

HE HAD A CRUSH ON ME?!

"Marina?" "Are you okay?" Lucie said standing in front of me snapping her fingers in my face.

I ran around her to the bathroom and ran into a stall.

I felt like throwing up poison.

Lucie ran in and immediately grabbed all my hair back.

"Are you okay?" She asked with genuine worry.

I finally spit up bile that was in my throat.

Lucie handed me a piece of toilet paper and I wiped the bile off my lips.

"No I'm disgusted". I put emphasis on the last word.

*

Ethan's POV

I sat down in my seat in the front row of my homeroom waiting for Marina to come in to shower her with apologizes.

But when she walked in, with Lucie beside her rubbing her back, she didn't even glare at me. She passed me on her way to her seat and for the rest of the period, she had her head down. She avoided me throughout the whole period, no injuries, no swearing, nothing.

I was tempted to ask what was bothering her but, I would already know the answer to that.

Me.

I can see what she has against me now and I feel really horrible.

But it was his girlfriend who all over me in the first place and I was drunk so.

Whenever I try to explain what really happened to Marina, she ever hurts me or curses at me till I leave.

The funny thing is, I always feel like talking to her now, like her hating me keeps me more motivated to become friends with her. And when I do talk to her, I need up getting butterflies in my stomach and start stuttering.

What was wrong with me?

---

*sings*

Ethan has a crush! ;)

"Crush" by Paramore