20. "Marithan."

CHAPTER 20

"Marithan."

Marinas POV

The whole way to Starbucks had me clinging onto Ethan's arm for warmth as he'd smile at me once in a while.

When we got to Starbucks, I ordered a hot chocolate and Ethan ordered the same. We sat at a booth, Ethan in front of me. The lady at the register was really pretty. She had platinum blond hair with hips like Shakira and sky blue eyes that suited her face very well. What bothered me about her was when Ethan ordered they kept flirting back and forth. I concealed my anger and quietly ducked my head when he approached our table.

"So what did you call our order?" I spoke up trying to relive the tension in the air.

Suddenly the platinum blonde called out "Marithan?"

It threw me into a uncontrollable fit of laughter as Ethan awkwardly stood up and went to the register.

Marithan?

Was that our names combined?

He came back with two cups of hot chocolate, both labeled Marithan.

"I'm sorry I couldn't resist, there was a chance and I took it."

He said, earning a giggle from me.

We chatted about school and how we were until the blonde called out "Marithan?"

Ethan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion so I guessed he didn't know what it was about. He gave me a reassuring nod and walked up to the counter. I went back to my music and plugged my head phones in. The first song that came on was Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls. It was a beautifully made song I had to admit but it wasn't a beautiful sight when I saw the blonde slip him her number. Jealously boiled inside me and my stomach turned into knots. Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder, causing me to jump.

"Oh hey um I'm sorry I was just wondering if your a fan of The Goo Goo Dolls, seeing you're listening to them." Said an American accent that came from a handsome boy with light brown eyes.

"Oh yeah, I mean yes I am." I stuttered out awkwardly.

I never knew how to talk to cute boys, but then again I was talking to Ethan.

"I've been meaning to ask you that since I saw you were listening to them." He said nervously.

"But I was afraid I would interrupt you and your boyfriend."

I choked and then started laughing.

"We are not dating." I said after the laughter died down.

"Oh ok good, so he wouldn't mind if I gave you my phone number?" He said smoothly.

"Not at all." I said while taking the slip of paper the boy had handed me.

He straightened up and held up his hand.

"I'm Adrian."

"Marina." I said promptly shaking his firm warm hand.

Soon I heard footsteps approaching and stop behind Adrian.

Ethan cleared his throat, making Adrian move out of the way and depart from our table.

I smiled at him and waved bye.

Ethan sat down, putting the blonde girls phone number in his pocket.

"Who was that?" He quietly spat to me across the table.

"What? You're the only one who can get people's phone numbers?" I spat back.

He groaned and ran a hand through his hair.