14. "After."

CHAPTER 14. "After."

THE DAY AFTER*

Marinas POV

With the taste of his lips still lingering in my thoughts, I marched down Lucie's steps that lead to the sidewalk in front of her humongous mansion like house. I remembered it all too clearly when Lucie caught them tangled up in Ashton's sheets, hungrily kissing each other or "attacking each other with their mouths" as a red faced Lucie put it. After the discovery, Lucie screeched and dropped the fresh chocolate chip cookies she had made which caused Ashton to sit up, but not removing his hand from my waist. Later she gave us a lecture on "safety" and locking doors. After she dragged me away into her room, leaving a whiny pouting Ashton in his room. We then ate our our cookies because hey five second rule right? And sooner or later I was technically pushed out of the Irwin house when Lucie rushed me out before Ashton got a hold of me. I decided to walk home. (which Lucie suggested was dangerous, me being a "hot chick" alone at night) I quickly shrugged that off and plunged myself into a alley which was a short cut I knew. This alley had a bunch of junkies around so to avoid awkwardness I averted their wandering eyes. Suddenly I was approached by a boy. He had charcoal black hair like me and soft brown eyes. Well he wasn't really a boy, he looked about my age, in his teens. I have seen him hanging around my brother and Ashton so I didn't really panic.

"Uh hi." He said nervously whilst scratching his raven colored hair.

"Hi?" I questionably said as I continued to walk out of the alley and the mysteriously handsome boy fell in step with me.

After a long awkward silence I decided to talk.

"You're not one of those junkies right?" I said followed by a small chuckle from the boy.

"No I'm a Calum." he replied with a drop dead gorgeous smile that could possibly cure cancer.

That response earned him a giggle from me.

"Nice to meet you Calum, I'm Marina." I said trying to sound friendly.

"Oh I know." He said slowly which made me freeze.

"What?" I thought silently to myself.

Seeing me suddenly stop made him boom with laughter.

"Don't worry, I'm not a creep."

"I'm a friend of Michael's and he's wanted me to meet you."

He nervously added while I slowly started to walk in rhythm with him.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked quietly.

"I-I didn't think you would like me." He answered politely.

"Well I do!" I said cheerfully as we stopped in front of my house.

"Well thats always good to know." He said as he ducked his head and smiled at the floor.

"See you later Marina?" he said while walking backwards the way we came from.

"See you later Calum." I said with a small wave as I walked up the steps to the front door.

*

NEXT DAY

Marinas POV

I had promised my mom that I would babysit Rebecca this Saturday one last time so the first thing I did on the chilly Saturday morning was get my lazy ass off the comforter. I trudged to my wardrobe wearing the same clothes as yesterday and picked a pale beige crop top that hugged my ribs and ended at my stomach. I threw on a white high waisted skater skirt and grabbed my ankle high combat boots with light pink socks. I felt very bare so I decided to cover up with a blue flannel button up but I didn't button it up so my top was exposed. I put my hair in a high sock bun that rested on my head and then I rushed over to the bathroom. I brushed my pretty white teeth and added some eyeliner, mascara, and a thin trail of light pink lipstick. I then grabbed my old beaten up leather satchel and put my phone in it along with my headphones that I barely use anymore. I walked down the stairs and see a note on the front door from the corner of my eye. I snatch it and look around.