19. "Warmth."

CHAPTER 19

"Warmth."

Marinas POV

As I crashed my lips upon Ethan's lips I didn't stop to think that

a. He wouldn't kiss me back

b. reject me

or

c. laugh at how desperate I was for him.

Immediately I regretted ever coming here and tried to pull away when the unthinkable happened. Ethan snaked his hands around my waist pushing me closer, deepening the kiss. I finally gave in and pushed my hands into his soft brownish hair. Our lips moved more and more in sync as people started cheering and clapping in the background. But I didn't really notice or care because I was too busy having my face eaten off by Ethan. To think of it like that, it would be a pleasure to have my face destroyed by Ethan's plump pink lips. Practically gasping for air, we both pulled away. More and more whistles were heard from the crowd of people surrounding the fountain and us. I ran through the crowd to the outside of the gate, into the sidewalk. I sat down and ran a hand through my messy hair. My hair was sticking to my skull like super glue because the sweat.
Wow it was that intense?

I wrapped my arms around myself in attempt to become suddenly warm, mentally cursing at myself for not bringing a  jacket. Ethan appeared, peering around the corner of the gate.

"Are you okay?" He sat down next to me.

I shivered in response, hoping he would get the idea.

"Damn, the one day I don't bring a jacket." He muttered under his breath.

"Do want to use me as a jacket?" He said with devilish grin.

I rolled my eyes and put my head against the brick wall next to the gate. In almost a millisecond, Ethan's arms were wrapped around me. A flash of warmth sparked.

"I wasn't kidding when I asked you if you wanted to use me as a jacket." He spoke up as he looked down.

"Well thanks." I finally said feeling pretty warm.

"For the kiss or the warmth?"

I was about to slap him upside the head when he added something.

"Well I should thank you for the kiss."

"You are the one that actually kissed me."

He added, his green orbs burning into the side of my skull.

"Just shut up and hold me, I'm cold." I said hastily.

He chuckled in response.

After a few peaceful minutes, I spoke up.

"You're a lousy human jacket." I untangled his long arms around me with ease.

"Where are you going?" He said pouting and standing up.

"Home." I responded, standing up too.

"I'll walk you home." He said offering me his hand.

I took it gratefully and walked with him with a comfortable silence.

When we got to my front door, I gave him a peck on the cheek and went inside, telling him I'd text him later.
that kiss was a freebie. we are not dating ok?

I had texted him as I went up the stairs two at a time.
which kiss? ;)

I sighed at his response and walked into my room.
the one on the lips was a freebie. the peck on the cheek was nothing. at all. just friendly.