11. "Enemy with benefits."

CHAPTER 11

"Enemy with benefits".

Marinas POV

I let out a reluctant sigh as my moms minivan parked outside a gorgeous two-story house that resembled a castle.

Out of the gleaming castle came out two females, one older looking and one looking about 6-7 years old.

We got out of the car and my mom straightened her lengthy skirt and smiled.

"Hello, I'm Patricia Clifford, Harold's wife, and I'm here with the babysitter er well my daughter Marina".

She said, placing a hand on my shoulder urging me forward.

I smiled at the middle aged woman who in reply smiled back at me.

My eyes then wandered to the little girl.

She had fiery red hair that was neatly tucked behind her hair, featuring her blue simmering eyes.

Her hair reached up to her shoulders and had a flower crown loosely placed on her head.

She was wearing a dress that had a whole variety of flowers on it and was wearing light pink flip flops.

The woman was blond and had blue eyes.

"Typical" I thought to myself.

The woman was wearing baby blue shirt and khakis.

She was also wearing light pink flip flops.

"I'm Alexandra Clare and this is Rebecca".

She said as she motioned to the little girl that was hugging her moms tanned leg.

I gave my warmest smile and said "Hi!" "I'm Marina!" I crouched down to her eye level and held out my hand.

She took it with both of her hands and shook it softly.

"Well I best get to work, my phone number is on the refrigerator if you need anything". She said as she fished her car keys out of her pockets and got in her car.

My mom got in hers too and then they both drove off.

*

Surprisingly I figured out Rebecca wasn't just another rich spoiled brats like the ones on tv.

She was sweet and kind and was the total opposite of what I thought she was like.

She was behaved and hated Barbie.

I think that she hated Barbie was a lie because when I went to get tea party set in her room, her room was full of everything Barbie, but she told me it was all her mom.

Right now, we were in the meadow that was directly right in back of her backyard.

I felt happy as I made Rebecca a flower crown with purple little lilies I found on the ground as she told me about her life.

"OH I COMPLETELY FORGOT!" She exclaimed as she stood up.

"I have a brother that's your age and probably goes to your school".

She continued.

"So?" I said as I kept my focus on making the flower crown.

"HE KEEPS JABBERING ABOUT A GIRL NAMED MARINA!'

And with that, I looked up now full of interest.

"He says she's beautiful and misunderstood and blah blah blah".

She said slurring at the end.

"His name is-

She was cut off by the sound of the front door closing and of some one rummaging in the kitchen.