{eight}

Chapter eight
_________

The movie was over and both Bentley and Aidan were asleep in John's arms. Bentley's mouth was open slightly letting a few small snores escape his mouth. Aidan was sound asleep as John held her close to him. He really is good with the kids.

"I can't believe I've missed 3 years of his life Camber, I'm such a terrible grandfather and father to you." He said in a sad tone. I shook my head at him.

"No, John you're a great grandpa and father, you just didn't know what to do because you've never dealt with a pregnant teenager before." I reassured him.

"I didn't know what to do, I was scared I'd mess up helping you with raising your child."

"You could never mess anything up, not like I messed up." I mumbled that last part hoping he didn't hear it.

"What do you mean Cam?" He asked, darn it he heard me.

"Do you remember when I'd come home late at night sometimes and tell you I was with friends?" I asked, he nodded. "Well, I was getting beat up every night and never told you."

"Who beat you up sweetheart?" He asked.

"I'll just start from the beginning." I stated, and at this moment I decided to tell John the truth about what really happened during high school.

// Calum //

I woke up this morning feeling like shit. I threw a pair of sweatpants on and grabbed a random t-shirt that was laying around my room. I opened my door and headed downstairs. The boys were sitting on the couch but I just ignored them and grabbed a bag of chips.

"Look who came out of his room." Michael said getting Ashton and Luke's attention. I didn't say anything back, instead I went to the fridge and grabbed some Pepsi.

"Calum c'mon man talk to us." Luke pleaded, I shook my head no and started to go upstairs.

"If he just picked up the fucking phone and called her he could fix this but no, he'd rather give us the silent treatment and mope around all day." I heard Michael say to the boys. I stopped walking and started to listen.

"He's just upset right now, he'll come around Mikey." I heard ashton tell Michael.

"Cam is hurting just as much you know. I called her last night, and I could hear the pain in her voice to even speak Calum's name. I know she misses him." Luke told the guys. I sat there thinking how much it kills her to even say my name. It probably isn't a good thing when she has pain to say my name. I scared her and she'll never forgive me.

"I know, why don't we call her and tell her she left something, that way Calum and her can talk!" Michael said getting all excited. I hope they know I'm not stepping foot out of my room.

"I'll dial her now," Ashton said, I heard the phone ring which means he's put it on speaker phone, "helloooo." Ashton sang into the phone.

"Yes Ashton what is it?" She giggled, I felt an aching pain in my heart, I missed her laugh so much.

"Well we found something of yours that you left-"

"Your black laced panties!" Luke yelled at the phone cutting Ashton off. I bawled my hand up in a fist wondering how he knew she even had those.

"Luke shut up!" Camber snapped through the phone but I could tell by her voice it was a joking matter.

"Anyways do you to come get them or what?" Ashton asked waiting for her to answer. There was a long pause before she answered.