{thirty-four}

okay i tried updating yesterday but i was so tired that i fell asleep and had my finger on the letter x which filled half a page with only that letter .. oops

but here i am and i don't like leaving you with suspense so enjoy xx

• • • • • •

Chapter thirty-four
_____

Waking up I saw Calum laying there asleep still, our fingers stayed intertwined. Looking over there laid Luke on the pull out couch they had in the hospital room. The nurse walked in and smiled at me.

"Morning dear," she smiled at me coming over to Calum's bed, "How are you holding up?" She asked me. She was typing stuff on the computer but kept glancing over at me, waiting for my answer.

"I'm doing fine," I said blankly, "How is he?" I asked her, referring to Calum. Her features sadden then looked over at me.

"He's, he'll need surgery," she said, my breathing picked up as she said surgery. "Don't worry, he'll be alright we won't let anything happen to him." She said smiling at me. I nodded and kept looking down at Calum.

I heard stirring and saw Luke rubbing his eyes as he woke up. From where I was sitting I could see him smirking at me which got me to crack a small smile.

"Hey," he chirped. Getting up from couch he walked over and stood next to me. "I'm going to go get some breakfast, want something?" Luke asked me.

"Yeah, get me whatever." I smiled up at him.

"Alright," he said, leaning down he gave me a kiss on the cheek, startled I looked up at him, "I'll be back soon." He grinned as he left to go get breakfast.

"Awe, you two are so cute." The nurse smiled widely at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You and that blonde boy, you guys are cute togeth-"

"We aren't a thing," I said defensively, cutting her off, "Calum's my boyfriend, that's his friend Luke." I said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I had no idea." She apologized.

"It's fine." I said looking back down at Calum.

The only thing I could think about was Luke, giving me a kiss on my cheek. He never does that, ever. Why he did it all of a sudden I don't know but I know we are just friends and it means nothing to either of us. Moments later Ashton and Michael walked in with balloons, Michael carrying a big soft teddy bear.

"This bear reminded me of Calum," Michael said quietly, "So I got it." He said blushing.

"Are you doing alright, Camber?" Ashton asked me as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah," I said, "I miss him, and he just got back too." Tears started to form and fall from my eyes, Michael dropped the teddy bear and rushed over to me, rubbing my back.

"Shh, Cam it'll be alright," Michael cooed. I turned around and hugged him, sobbing into his shoulder, "He'll be okay, I promi-"

"Don't make a promise you can't keep, Michael." Ashton said softly. I pulled away from the hug and looked at Ashton, who rubbed his own eyes looking down at Calum.

"Don't listen to him, Cam, he'll be okay." Michael whispered to me, I nodded and intertwined my fingers with Calum's.

"We heard from Luke about, what's going on, the surgery and all." Ashton said scratching the back of his head.

"Oh, yeah." I said not paying much attention to anything Ashton was saying. I'm focused on Calum and what Luke did a little while ago.

Calum's been through a lot just to change, for me. I feel bad, he's trying too hard and he gets hurt along the way. The way I see it is I'm the one hurting Calum, and I can't live thinking that. Ever since I told him he needs to change, which he did, but along the way we argued and it's like he was hurt the most by it all. Then when John yelled at him, he was clearly hurt the most, and now this, it's just too much.