{nine}

Chapter nine
_________

// Camber //

I hadn't realized I fell asleep while watching the movie I knew Bentley was passed out, but since I don't want to get up now I'm pretending to still be asleep. I felt warm lips touch my forehead and I knew it was Calum giving me a kiss.

"Cam I know you can't hear me right now and I'll never have the guts to say this to you, but I like you, no I love you, I love you and our son and I'm sorry I wasn't there for 3 years," I tried my hardest not to stir or tense up at what he said, I relaxed and continued to listen even though this is completely wrong of me to do. "I was a dick for bullying you back in high school, and I could never forgive myself for hurting you." I kept my eyes shut as I listened to his heart beat, his scent filled my nostrils and let me tell you he smells really good.

"It's actually weird because the first day I saw you freshman year, you were wearing these ripped up skinny jeans with a maroon crop top and you wore these white converse that you could see from miles away," he started to chuckle to himself, his laugh vibrating against my face. I've always loved his laugh. "But the day I got bullied was the day I took my anger out on you, and I never meant too. Ever since then everyone feared me and ran away but you stood there and took whatever I gave you, my only question was why you didn't stop me or go tell on me or something." His voice saddened a bit and I was wondering if he was thinking.

Of course I was going to just take it, I wasn't going to tell because I thought he'd hurt me even more and I'm not a tattle tail. I know bullying is wrong but other bystanders could have gotten help but they didn't why, because we were all afraid of Calum, he was capable to do anything and you didn't want to mess with him. I heard small whimpers and hopped it wasn't Calum crying because I'll start to cry.

"Awe Ben come here," Calum whispered to our whimpering son, "it's okay Bentley it was just a bad dream." Calum said trying to calm him down.

"Daddy is mommy still sleeping?" Bentley asked, I felt like Calum looked down at me to be sure I wasn't awake, I was but just pretending to sleep.

"Yeah she is, she must have had a long day." He said to Bentley. I felt small lips press onto my forehead and I knew Bentley gave me a kiss.

"Are you telling mommy sweet things again?" Bentley asked, Calum chuckled and I felt his body move meaning he nodded.

"Yeah, just telling her sweet things."

"I wanna listen, it's like a story isn't it daddy?" Bentley asked.

"Almost, but I'll pick up where I left off," he took a deep breath before continuing, "anyways Cam, you were a tough girl and you still are, being a young parent has to be hard but you managed to do it. We have a son and I couldn't have asked for a better kid then Bentley." I felt like I was going to cry but I had to hold it all in, if I can.

"Bentley has your heart, your smile, your ears, your personality and brains. Camber if I could go back in time and make everything right, I would. I love you, and I love you too Ben." I couldn't help it, I started to cry. Calum started to rub my back but I got up.

"Mommy what's wrong?" Bentley asked, I shook my head.

"I need a minute I just- I'm sorry." With that I left Calum's room and ran into a different room. I shut the door and started to cry harder then I already was.

"Cam why are you crying?" A voice asked from behind me, startled I jumped up in the air, but it was only Michael.

"It's just Calum-" I started but he cut me off.

"I'm going to fucking kill him!" Michael started to open the door but I pulled him back and shut the door.

"No it wasn't mean. They were sweet, he was telling me how much he loved me and that he couldn't have asked for a better son and-and-" I couldn't finish my sentence, I already dropped to my knees and started to cry. Michael sat down next to me and hugged me while rubbing circles on my back trying to calm me down.