{twenty-two}

oh my, taking the long way home is just my song right now xx

• • • • •

Chapter twenty-two
______

// Calum //

Today we had to perform the song that I wrote at the park. I don't want to perform the song unless Camber is there, but that won't happen so I shouldn't even get my hopes up. I sat there in the car - that I slept in - wiping away the tears that have been falling for the past twenty minutes. Finally getting the strength I stepped out of the car and headed inside.

"Calum! Where were you, you had us worried sick!" Ashton said rushing over to me. Then his features softened when he noticed my state. "Calum.." He brought me into a hug and I could help the tears that fell from my eyes. Sobbing into Ashton's hoodie as Luke and Michael came over to comfort me.

"Calum, I hate seeing you like this.." Michael said hanging his head.

"It'll be okay Calum," Ashton whispered as he rubbed my back, "Just give it time mate, she'll come back."

"N- no she won't," I sobbed even harder, "I fucking scare her Ashton, she isn't coming back." I pulled away from the hug and went to the sofa, the boys following behind me and sitting in front of me.

"Why is she scared of you?" Michael asked.

"She's scared I'll hurt her again, weather is physically or emotionally, she just scared of me for those reasons." I didn't know what to do, if she doesn't take me back I might as well be depressed for the rest of my life.

"I'll be right back." Luke said as he left the room. Not sure where he's going and right now I don't care.

"I fucked it all up, that's all I'll be is a fucking screw up!" I was getting frustrated and angry with myself, I just hate what I did and I wished I could take it back but I can't, the damage is already done.

"Calum you aren't a fuck up, quite saying you are!" Michael shouted raising his voice at me.

"Michael's right, you aren't," Ashton chimed in. "Calum I don't want you to overthink things between Camber and you. Understand that she loves you, she really does and she'll come back no matter how mad she is at you." Ashton spoke to me.

"I highly doubt she loves me anymore, whenever I say it to her, she doesn't say it back." I said running my fingers through my hair.

"She may not say it but she does love you." Ashton said nodding his head.

"You two, are just taking the long way home." Michael smirked, referring to one of our songs we wrote recently before my song I wrote.

I cocked a small smile as I looked up at him, "Michael, you're a great friend." I got up and hugged him, hugging me back.

"Go get ready, we perform in about an hour." Ashton said, I nodded getting up and rushing to my room to change and get dressed for this performance.

-

"Calum, what are you wearing?" Luke asked me. Looking down at my black skinny jeans with holes in them with my Hood, hoodie on I stared at him.

"Um, I believe I'm wearing clothes Lucas," I smirked looking at Luke, "at least I'm wearing all my clothes." I laughed.

"Just for you're information my pants are in the dryer." Luke huffed walking into the laundry room to grab his pants, that he forgot.

"I'm so pumped to play some of our new music! David said if this goes well we can get a little gig at a club!" Ashton cheered, that would be pretty cool, having a gig in a club.