Part 7

It was the day of their wedding anniversary and Arnav had brought it upon himself to surprise his dear wife. He had purposefully planned for trip before their anniversary and lied to his wife that he would not be able to make it on the exact date so that he could surprise her by arriving early.

He opened the main door with the spare key with him and walked in as soundlessly as possible. His security incharges had conveyed that Rati had not gone out and was inside the home. He hoped that she would like his gift. He had gotten sapphire tinted crystals in a chain, engraved with their initials and the date of their wedding.

He walked stealthily towards their room and opened the door with the biggest grin on his face.

The visual that greeted him ensured that his grin would fade away and the crystal chain would drop to the ground to shatter just like his dreams and his heart.

His wife Rati was in throes of passion with another man, in their own bedroom, on their own marital bed and on the day of their wedding anniversary. There could not be a more gruesome way to get more familiar with the reality that his wife cheated on him.

He was always aware of her lascivious nature but to greet it in the way he had, he thought that there could never be a worser pain than he endured in that one instant.

His presence alerted Rati, who instantly tried to cover herself and her illegitimate lover. His conscience mocked over him as the visual unfolded. She was hiding herself from him, her husband? He was the one to push her into passionate moans myriads of times and she decided it was necessary to hide from his eyes and not the one whom she was busy romancing.

"Arnav.."

"Not a word, Rati. I was here to surprise you for our anniversary but you clearly have other plans in your mind and had given me the biggest surprise I could ever get. Enjoy your time, Rati and sorry for trespassing in my own bedroom," he spat as he turned around and pushed the door closed.

He did not wait for Rati to come out of the room. That sight had burned into his mind and he did not want to see her lover again. Her lover was not a person he recognized or rather he did not want to recognize and he wondered if he was a call boy or her serial lover.

He knocked over a few expensive vases to vent his pent up frustration. Years of love, years of dedication, years of loyalty, what did it fetch him? He was ready to take her share of pain, her share of sorrows, her share of debts to ensure her happiness and what did he get in return?

"It's all over, Ashok! Why did I have to do this? Arnav will never forgive me for this!" wailed Rati, but it all fell on deaf ears. Her tears rolled onto the ground to crash like her dreams, much like her husband's, a few moments ago.

Betrayal.

The one emotion which had the power to destroy everything of his. Rati had demolished the dam of patience which was waiting to burst since years. She ensured that she powers his hatred enough to overpower his love for her.

He wondered if he had done anything in the present life or the past one to condemn him to a fate of loveless life. Then he realized, he had been loved, probably in the most intense and passionate way possible.

There was one woman who loved him beyond everything. Alas, he had molded his destiny in a way he could only grieve about in the present, thanks to his darling wife. The memory of Rati made fury and vengeance rush through his veins. Being the warm-blooded male that he is, he let his heart guide him through the tempestuous situation.

Little did he know that the moment which he considered to be the worst moment of his life would soon not be the worst because he let himself create a present in which he would create worser moments, for both himself and the woman who loved him beyond everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khushi's Flat,

A tired and exhausted Khushi pulled herself to her feet to open the door as she listened to the doorbell being rung impatiently. She wondered who could arrive at her doorstep at that hour, considering that she was not expecting anyone to come over.

The sight which befell on her fatigued eyes ensured that she would feel rejuvenated and blissful. Standing in front of her, on the other side of the threshold, was the man who had stolen her heart: Arnav Singh Raizada.

But soon her features faded into worry as she noticed his paced breaths and rugged appearance. He surely did not seem calm and seemed to be extremely troubled.

"Arnav! To what do I owe this pleasure? How may I help you?" she asked as she moved aside to allow him into her haven.

"I am ready to fulfill your condition, Khushi. Will you accept my proposition?" he demanded, his eyes red with feelings she craved to know but she knew that she would not be in a position to question.

Every word enunciated by him seemed to bring in waves of multiple emotions. The Third time he had used her given name. Third time he had pushed her into shock, into numbness. Her teenage fantasies were going to turn true but her present warned her about her future. Would she be able to part with her child with Arnav? Ever?

"Arnav, are you sure? What made you agree to this? You seemed to be repulsed by the very idea of this, then why?" she questioned, knowing well that she would not receive any answers.

"Just tell me if you are ready or not, Khoosi. I am not ready to answer your questions but I really, really need this. Please," he pleaded, his eyes still red and his breaths still staggered.

Khushi took in a deep breath. She knew that it was not the time to analyze the situation as she would prefer to. Her love demanded something from her and she would give it away, even if it sought the very soul from her.

"I was, am and will be yours, Arnav. I am ready."

Inhibitions were shed along with clothes. He was marking her body just as he had marked her soul. Unbeknownst to him, he was letting her mark his soul which had been craving for love since long. That night, two lovers had found their solace in each others' arms. Alas, the union did not seem to be long enough to quench their thirst.

--------