Part 30

"I know that our son has hurt your daughter through his actions but he truly loves her and he is ready to do everything to make up to Khushi. Shouldn't his regret get a chance to set things right? After all, as we have learned, Khushi has loved him for years," claimed Arnav's mother Kalpana, her affectionate voice slightly shaking with ecstasy that she had finally united with her son.

"Life is not a trial and error experiment, Mrs. Raizada. Especially when you have already known the nature of the reactants and their tendencies," countered Khushi's mother Savitha, giving a sharp glare towards Arnav's side with anger shooting out through her eyes.

"Even the most aggressive reactant has affinity towards another reactant, with which it would only show its passive nature, Aunty.  According to me, Khoosi is just the one for whom I am ready to surrender my everything," said Arnav, the confidence in his eyes making Savitha quiet momentarily.

"But why should we trust you? You already used her once for your revenge plan and I think my daughter had made it clear to you that she does not trust you. When she has already announced her decision, how can you bring a proposal for her? Is this your respect for her and her feelings? Or are you doing it for the sake of the children?" questioned Adityesh, Khushi's father.

Like for most of the fathers, Khushi was his princess and only he knew how he controlled himself from beating Arnav blue and black for playing with her and her feelings. He wanted to make him pay for every tear Khushi had shed since she absconded from the hospital in Shillong but he was aware of the repercussions for his actions and the only consequence which stopped him was the gut instinct that his daughter would be affected the most, which he did not want at any cost.

"I won't say that I don't want Kuhu back or establish a bond with Arsh, Uncle. No parent will be able to say that, and I am sure that you know it well. But my bond with Khoosi is beyond them. For years, I had mistaken my friendship and the love for the same as love for Rati but she taught me the true meaning of love whenever she showered love upon me. Just everything about her taught me love and she is right in her place in hating me now too. When I had not been sure of my love for years together and made everyone hate Rati due to my lack of clarity, no one would want to face the same once again," he replied, his head bowed down in humility and shame.

"When you are already aware of everything, why did you come here? To give her more pain by putting her into dilemma?" spat Savitha, furiously.

"Because Khoosi has loved me through every flaw and every strength, I am sure she will give me and herself another chance. I respect her feelings genuinely but what can I do, Uncle? Aisa Nahi Hai Ki Janta Nahi, Par Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi. Bas Yeh Khayal Dilata Rehta Hai Ki Kaash Woh Hota Tho Kya Hota. Although this is what I feel right now, Khoosi had spoken these words to me once and I want to bridge the gap between her dreams and reality. Will you give me a chance to do so?" requested Arnav, his love glistening in his eyes as he reminisced the same emotion gleaming in her eyes when she uttered the same words.

Falling for her was not a conscious decision but he was sure that there was no one in the world who could resist gravitating towards such passionate and lethal love, especially from the mother of one's child.

"Stop discussing my life as if I am incapable of taking decisions or I am an object!" thundered Khushi, walking in through the open doors as she pushed the pram with the two babies.

"Khushi!"

"Sona!"

"Khoosi!"

Everyone stood on their feet immediately in surprise as they felt guilt rubbing on their conscience due to her words.

"Assumptions. Everyone has already made them up regarding me and my decision on the situation," stated Khushi, lingering her scrutinizing gaze over all the assembled ones.

Taking everyone's silence as the cue, Khushi continued speaking as her eyes stuck to the person whose very name never failed to incite myriads of emotions in her heart and wondrous reactions throughout her body,

"Since you have understood my view well enough, you have made it easier for me to arrive at my decision which is.."

Her speech was interrupted by the cries of the two babies who were getting irritated by the frowns on everyone's faces and could sense the tension in the air surrounding them. Khushi and Arnav rushed to the kids involuntarily while leaving their parents astounded by their reflexive action and sincerity in them. No one ever grows up for their parents and seeing their children behaving like parents was an emotionally charged moment for the parents of both Khushi and Arnav.

Tending to twins was never an easy job and more so for Khushi since Kuhu had developed a bond with Arnav and Swati and she was earnestly missing them. She was overjoyed when she listened to Swati's voice on the call and extroverted kid found herself silenced when her father left her with her mother.

The maternal bond ensured that Kuhu was at peace when with her but she could not gel well with her parents or the baby-sitters at office like Arsh had. Seeing Arnav proved to be the biggest surprise and happiest moment for the kid since she immediately stopped crying and Arsh, owing to their twin bond, stopped too.

Khushi had seen Kuhu smiling so exuberantly only in Arnav's arms when she had seen her for the first time in the hospital as the consulting doctor and seeing the smile return became the reason for her to flash a genuine smile to her children. Unknowingly, her children had reinforced her decision and she was thankful that the Almighty had given her the sign that she was on the right path.

"I have decided and I don't want anyone to argue or question me for the same. Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, I am ready to marry you," she announced, rising up to her feet from her knelt position which she had assumed to soothe her babies.

Arnav followed her suite, although taken by pleasant surprise, and felt waves of calmness and happiness take over his entire being.

"Thank you so much, Khoosi, you have no idea how happy you have made me by this decision," said Arnav, his lips curving themselves into an excited smile to reflect his internal ecstasy.

'I am not done yet, Arnav. I have consented for this marriage for the sake of my children, so that I do not lose the custody of them and so that they do not lose their father for my sake. But that does not mean that I have given the right to be my life-partner to you. You will still have to win my trust for that."

____________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late updates. I am stuck with my duties as a medical student and I sincerely hope that you understand my reasons.

Just clarifying one thing, I am not on anyone's side in this whole fiasco. You degrade Arnav, I will support him or you accuse Khushi of something she has not done, I will defend her or you tarnish Rati's name, I will stand up for her. Every one of them is a sinner and every one of them is a victim, of each other and for each other. BUT, Arnav needed others to show him the right way and was proud to commit sins so that is his character flaw which he needs to correct and he will or else let me tell you, I will not write a happy ending. If the story has to end here, he doesn't deserve either Khushi or Rati but if he corrects himself, he may become eligible for either of them.

Please VOTE and COMMENT!

P.S: Aisa Nahi Hai... is one of the most favorite dialogues of mine which I have written. It was amazing to use it again, probably for the last time. Hope you liked it as much as I do.