Chapter 4

Hera made her way back to the Ghost, certain that the girl was back in her cabin. Sure enough, as she entered her ship, she heard Sabine pacing around in her room. Of course she had been right about that. After all, mothers knew best.

The woman rapped her fist on the door. "Sab, we need to talk." She demanded in her general voice.

"Go away, Hera." Sabine's muffled reply came through. "The answer is no. N-O. I'm staying, whether you like it or not."

The captain sighed, knowing how stubborn her girl could be. Using her special key that had codes to unlock every room on her ship, she entered the artist's room. She was greeted by a glaring Sabine, who was leaning against the wall.

"I said," Hera repeated calmly. "We need to talk." She crossed her arms, and stared back at the teenager.

Sabine threw her hands up in the air. "I don't know what you want. It's not fair. Why can't someone else lead Mandalore? I'm turning eighteen and a half, Hera. I can't lead a planet! My family doesn't need me. Yes, I know they 'care about me' or whatever, but we literally spent years with NO contact. We can't just go back to being one happy family. And all the clans aren't exactly that fond of me. How can I lead them? What was Mother thinking? And I can't just leave Ezra..." She trailed off after her long rant, looking down at the floor.

Hera sat down on the bench below the bunk bed and patted the seat next to her, signaling Sabine to sit. When the girl did so, the twi'lek began. "I know you're young. You've always been too young for this job. But I know you're capable of this, if you put your mind to it. The reason your mother wants you to lead the clans is because you're youthful and rebellious. She knows that people admire you for that and will listen to you. Besides, you are able to use the Dark-saber. And I'll admit it. Your family situation isn't exactly perfect. But no family is." She reasoned with the girl.

Sabine looked at her with her amber innocent looking eyes. "What about Ezra? What if he wakes up, and I'm not there to meet him?"

Hers sighed, dreading to tell the young girl the hideous truth. "Sabine," She started, wringing her fingers. "You do know that it's a huge possibility that he won't ever come out of this coma." She stated, choking back sobs, trying to keep a brave face.

"Lies," Sabine whispered and then said in a louder voice. "Lies! How could you say that? He will! We have hope!"

The twi'lek looked away mournfully. "Very little hope," She admitted. "The medical droids have been saying- saying that it might be best to let him go."

Sabine snorted scornfully. "How could you say that?!? The medical droids are literally emotionless. They don't care about him! They only go by statistics and chart's and-and test results. If we went by statistics, we'd be dead by now!" She referred to the many battles that they had won when it seemed impossible.

"If Ezra was here, he wouldn't want you to stand here on the sidelines, waiting for him to wake up, while people needed your help!" Hera argued.

Sabine opened her mouth, but found that she didn't have any response. Hera had won this argument.

"You're right," she muttered, realizing how wrong she had been. "He wouldn't want me to do that." Not turning to look back at Hera, she began to pack up all her remaining items.

After a few seconds of silence, Hera wordlessly left the room. As she closed herself into her own cabin, she kicked the cabinet that rested next to her bunk. It crashed to the floor, and the picture frame that laid on top of it broke into a million pieces.

Hera picked up the photograph, ignoring the glass pieces that cut her hands.

(Photo found by CNDX-DEW

(Photo found by CNDX-DEW. Thanks, Chey!)

It was taken a few days before Ezra's capture. It was an absolutely adorable picture. She had framed it right after it was taken...

With trembling hands, she held it in her hands, staring at it. Blood trickled onto the photo, but she didn't care. What she would give to have her family back...

***
The next day, Sabine entered the hospital room, for what she assumed the last time. "Hey, Ez." She stroked his cheek, her hands trembling. "I have to go to Mandalore for a little while, to help people." She explained. "I'm leaving in few minutes, so if you're going to, you know,  rise from your coma, you better make it quick." She slightly smiled at her little joke.

"Ezra Bridger," She cleared her throat. "I love you to the stars and back, and if you don't wake up eventually, I'm going to kick your ass, understand?"

Very Sabine thing to say. Excuse my language.

Nothing happened. It was time for her to leave. Sabine pecked her love on the lips once, and quietly left the ward. Her transport would be waiting, and she needed to assist her planet as soon as possible.

The young Jedi had heard every word she had said. He had heard every sentence uttered to him from the outside world ever since he had entered  his long sleep.

Everyone was telling him to fight it, to wake up, to be strong. He tried everyday, especially when Sabine came to visit him. It broke his heart to hear her so miserable. No matter how many times he attempted, there seemed to be no possible way to wake up.

But his learning would help him. As he had heard repeated multiple times over the past few years: do or do not, there is no try.

Either he would wake up, heal and become a great Jedi knight. Or he would live out the rest of his days, trapped in his own head and making everyone miserable.

He would emerge victorious from this. For Lothal. For the Rebellion. For his family.

And especially for Sabine...

Ultimate cliffhanger. Dun dun dun!!!
Hey guys! How are you liking the sequel so far? It's been so fun writing it. I hope you guys are having as much of an awesome time as I'm having.
Sooooooooooooo.... How's your life? Mine is okay, besides the fact that I'm at my grandparents house where you have to go to the road to get service and my grandad is snoring in the recliner, hogging the MnMs

~Catie 🤣😄😅😸💩😹😹🙀💛💙💜💙💜🐯🐒🐅🐒🐅🐒🐅🐱🐱🐅🦄🦄🦄