Chapter 22

Ignore this chapter if u have read it already. Needed to republish it cus something is wrong with Wattpad
CeCe moaned and winced from the unbearable pain in her side. Her breathing was shallow, like the sound of someone dying. Blood seeped from her injury, soaking her once brownish orange prison garb dark red. "Help.." she groaned, reaching out towards the older girl next to her. "Please..."

In a panic, Sabine scanned her surroundings, looking for any sort of material that could help her injured friend. Every imperial shuttle was equipped with basic medical supplies. She knew this from her time at the academy. There! Under the pilot seat, there was a round shaped box that Sabine recognized as a first aid kit. Fumbling with it for a second, she quickly got to work.

"I'm so tired." The critically wounded girl muttered. "Soooo tired." Was this how dying felt like? It was almost as if the world was fading around her. So peaceful, despite everything that had happened.

"Fight it, kid." Sabine begged her, while biting off the cap of a medical ointment. "Talk to me. Stay awake. I can't lose you. Not now"

"Well..." CeCe yelped as Sabine applied the ointment on her wound. It stung like a thousand bacian blood hornets had attacked her. "I can't wait to be free.. so that I can do all the things I've dreamed of." She bit her lip hard, trying to ignore the pain in the rest of her body.

"Go on," Sabine encouraged, listening while focused on saving the girl she had come to care about's life. "Tell me more. What do you want to do now that you're free?"

"I want to- I wanna learn how to fly. And I want to fight in battles against evil." Her tone brightened as she thought of her longtime dream. "I want to be strong, independent, kind, and rebellious. Just like you are."

Sabine smiled, and wiped a tear from her eye. The stress was getting to her. "This will hurt." She warned before injecting some sort of medical drug into CeCe's forearm. The young teen screamed in agony as it went through her blood system. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry ." The Mando apoligized, feeling incredibly guilty to do it. Making the ex-captive suffer even more was the last thing she wanted to do. "But it'll keep you alive. Now tell me more about that."

CeCe gasped in pain as she continued to talk. "I want to have people who care about me, People I would die for willingly. " As Sabine wrapped up her abdomen, she went on. "And I want a pet. I could name him Rici. And I want a home. A family." Despite her affliction, she began to smile.

"That all?" Sabine prodded her, almost done with wrapping up the girl's wound. She bit her lip. CeCe could survive for the moment, but if she didn't get more advanced treatment soon... She didn't want to think about that. "I'm done." She announced.

CeCe let out a relieved sigh. The pain from the medicine began to subside. Out of the blue, she felt incredibly drowsy. "Sabine.." she croaked, her eyes closing halfway down. "Are we going to- you know, meet your family? Meet your Ezra?  Will they be happy to meet me?"

"I'm absolutely sure they'll be happy to meet you." Sabine reassured her, and stroked her loose hairs on  her head. "They'll be elated actually. You can go to sleep now. When you wake up, everything will be okay.. I promise you, all your dreams will come true. " 

Without a moment of hesitation, CeCe nodded off, her breath still shallow sounding. Sabine quickly checked all the shuttle systems. She must have turned off the imperial tracker when she started to pilot. Not that she could remember it. All she really recalled was her sense of desparation to get herself and CeCe out of there.

She jammed the coordinates to Yavin 4 into the hyperdrive. Her heart sank as she saw the expected arrival time: two hours. Her hand twitched in frustration and fear. CeCe  might not even HAVE two hours! As she watched the ship enter hyperspace, all Sabine could do was hope and pray things could turn out for the best.