Chapter 8

Sabine and Tristan exchanged frightened glances as they quickly burst into action. Igniting their jetpacks, the two siblings burst out far into the sky.

The sight that they were greeted by, was absolutely mortifying. Hundreds of feet below them, they could plainly see that the Mandalorian troops were being absolutely massacred by surrounding imperial forces.

"How could this happen??????" Sabine clasped a hand to her mouth in shock. How could this happen? They must have been unprepared and careless in their defensive and lookout plans. Now, the entire ARMY they had gathered from the clans would pay the consequences.

For some reason, guilt filled the girl's heart. She felt that she should have done more to prepare for this. She should've focused on defense and she should've had a lookout at all times. It seemed that in their rush to attack, they had forgotten to include basic precautions. Why, why, why did she hyperfocus on the offense? Now people were going to die, thanks to her careless errors.

Tristan reacted the quickest. "What are we waiting for!!" He quickly began to descend down towards the ongoing battle. "They need our help!"

The young warrior nodded solmenly and followed her brother's lead. As she fell from the sky, memories of her and Ezra doing the same things on their missions hit her hard. She shook her head, trying to get rid of all these thoughts. Now was not the time.

Turning on her jetpack once more as she approached the ongoing battle, Sabine reached for her belt, unclipping the darksaber. The sword felt light in her hands, and she switched it on, ready to dismember bucketheads.

Blaster in one hand, and darksaber in the other, the young Mandalorian joined her mother's side.

"Took you long enough!" Ursa shouted at her daughter, while blasting the surrounding imperial troops to pieces. Sabine heard her father's voice echoing in her head, saying how she got her creativeness from her mother, who could destroy her enemies in so many different ways. Now, she could see that her father was right. Her mother was absolutely brilliant on the battlefield.

"I apologise, Mother." Sabine fought by her mother's side. She blasted a bucket head to her right, and stabbed one to her left. She threw a smoke bomb to the ground, and proceeded to wipe out the remaining enemy soliders. But they kept on coming.

The girl gritted her teeth as she fought, frustrated. All around her, her people were being destroyed. They made a rookie mistake. Something that simply didn't happen to Mandalorians, whose culture was literally war itself.

"We need to retreat!" She shouted to her warrior parent, realizing that they couldn't possibly win this battle.

Ursa shook her head defiantly. "We don't do that here!" She rebuked Sabine, treating her like a child.

"The wisest people I know taught me that you have to live to fight another day." Sabine retorted, referring to the Ghost Crew. She continued to blast the surrounding troops. "We may not always win today, but tomorrow is a different story. Go, mother! I can create a diversion so that you and what's rest of the army can escape."

Ursa paused, unsure of what to do. She couldn't just leave her daughter in the middle of battle! "Promise me, that you will come right after me." She begged.

Sabine sighed. "I can't, mother." She admitted, slicing through stormtrooper armor. "Sometimes, sacrifices are made."

The mother nodded mournfully, and took one last look at her daughter, before blasting off into the air. Signaling the troops to follow her, she blasted off towards the hills.

Sabine closed her eyes for a split second, knowing what she had to do. She had to get the stormtroopers all on her. "Hey nerfherders! I've got all the bombs that could blow everything around here to pieces!" She inwardly cringed after she shouted that, realizing how stupid she sounded. Nevertheless, the bucketheads turned to face her. All she could see were blaster heads aimed exactly at her.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Sabine dangled her ammunition pack for effect. "One shot at this." She paused for dramatic effect. "And kablooey." The girl gestured with her hands.

The troopers paused, unsure if what to do. Perfect. "Well, later Imperial scum." She sneered, launching up into the air, and letting go of the pack, shooting at it once. Everything around her exploded. Her vision faded to black..

****

Tristan scanned the remaining troops for his sister. His protective older brother senses were coming back. All of a sudden, behind him, he heard something that made his heart drop.

An explosion. Of course it was courtsey of his younger sister.

Tristan looked helplessly at his mother who only nodded sadly, confirming his fears. His beautiful, artistic, stupid STUPID younger sister died saving them. He was about to rush to the site to make sure that she wasn't playing a trick on them, to see if she really was dead, when a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

The young man whirled around to see his father, who looked like he had aged ten years in the last few minutes. "What's done is done." The older man whispered gently. "My little girl.. my tiny sparkfire... Sacrificed her life for us." His voice cracked, referring to his dead daughter by his old nickname for her.

Tears pricked Tristan's eyes as he stared at the smoldering flames from afar.

Why did it have to be like this?

Did I seriously just write that?

Man, it's 2:14 in the morning right now, and man am I tired. Just spent half the night updating. Bleh, me dead.

What did you think of this chapter? And also bonus question, did your parents ever have these nicknames for you when you were little? If so what was it?

Mine was Cate-Cate (kinda shortened from my name). My dad used to call me that all the time. He still does sometimes.

Dudes, I really need to go to sleep now.

❤️Catie✌️