Chapter 13

Kanan was deep in thought, letting his grief consume him. He had blocked out the world around him. The Jedi Master had lost so many people in his life. He would have never expected that Sabine would become another one of them.

Find your center, he told himself. It was something that his master always said to him as a padawan. It proved helpful in troubling times like these. Closing his eyes from under his mask, he focused on the force.

Everything felt... Peaceful. Like nothing had happened, and it was all just an illusion. That was something he hadn't felt  in a while, and it never failed to calm him down, and accept everything that had unraveled.

But it didn't feel right. Like he failed to notice something that was literally right under his nose. He hadn't had much time to connect with the force recently.

Suddenly, something shockingly familiar hit him. It was a familiar life signature. Faint, but definitely still there. The same one he had sensed for the last four and a half years!

Before he could really function what was happening, he found himself being brought back to conciousness.

"Kanan." Hera snapped her fingers in his face. "KANAN."

"Whu-what?" The man shot up in his chair, still trying to function what he had just sensed. "Hera, you won't believe what just happened.. what I'm pretty sure I felt!"

The twi'lek crossed her arms, tired. "What?" She raised her eyebrows questioningly.

"Hera..." Kanan took a deep breath, not really sure how to put it without causing too much hope. "I think.. I think that Sabine is alive."

Sorry for the sucky and short update. I truly deeply apologize. What do you think will happen next?