Chapter 31: Light and Shadow

"A shadow cannot exist without the light".

-Mana P.O.V- (the next day)-
"Ohayo Mana", Daiki greeted me on the hallway. "Ohayo Daiki", I greeted back. "Mana, ohayo gozaimasu", Tetsuya is happened to be next to Daiki. "Ohayo to you too Tetsuya", I smiled.

"How's your friend doing? You know...yesterday they...", Daiki asked nervously. "They arrive safe and sound, Hatsuki is getting better...Michigo still dizzy", I replied shortly. "I see...good for them", Tetsuya nodded.

I went back to my class, Michigo still sleeping on the desk, Hatsuki yawned.

"Hm? What's that?  A strawberry hairpin?", I stared Michigo hair.

"Michigo...that hairpin...", I examined closely. "Oh this is a gift from Shin-chan", Michigo smiled tenderly.

"Everyone alredy make their moves...".

I glanced at Akashi, he's playing his usual shogi.

"I wonder if my relationship with Akashi will-".

"Why are you staring me?", Akashi glanced back.

"Oh it's nothing...", I blushed.

"If you say nothing there's always something", Akashi said bluntly.

"Mind your own problems", I replied.

-Practice-
"We will have a practice match with Nishin junior high school", Akashi implied. "When?", Tetsuya asked eagerly. "Today, they're on their way", Akashi said. "What!? This is too sudden!", Momoi scowled.

"They've come", Daiki glanced at the crowd who came through the entrance. One of the male players suddenly ran to me with an idiot face. "MAYOI-CHUAAAAN!!", the brown haired male jumped on me and surprised the GoM. 

"What the-".

"Mayoi-chan!!! It's me Nishida!! Akio Nishida!", he jumped happily.

"Nishida?".

"Nishida who?", I narrowed my eyes to the unidentified male.

-Akashi P.O.V-
"What!? No way!!!", Nishida groaned. "What do you mean?", Mana looks annoyed. "Don't you remember me!? I'm YOUR FUTURE FIANCEE FROM NISHIDA INC!!".

"Did he just say future fiancee?", I glared.

"Fiancee? What fiancee?", Mana scowled. The rest of us sweatdropped, she's really bad at remembering faces, it's Mana afterall...but she even FORGET HER FUTURE FIANCEE? She's the worst.

-Kise P.O.V-
"Mayoi-chan!!! MAYOI-CHUAAAAN!!!", the brown haired guy start getting on my nerves, Aominecchi clench his fist while looking at me. "Look what your twins did", Aominecchi pouted. "MY TWINS!?",  I shouted. "Yeah, no wonder when I see him, he's reminding me of someone", Midorimacchi sighed. "Kise-kun, your twins is the same annoying as you", Kurokocchi said straightly.

"You're meanie Kurokocchi!!", I fake cry. "I think the same too", Murasakibara said. "Even you too Murasakibaracchi!?", I resent. Akashicchi aura is scarier than usual. "Mayoi-chan! Let's make a bet!!", the man said happily.

"What bet?", Mana looks confused. "If we're win, you're coming with me. Join our basketball club".

"HUH!?".

"Hey! What do you mean-". Akashi sudden grip on the male arm cut me off. "That is unacceptable", Akashi glared. "What? Are you scared?".

-Mana P.O.V-

"Why does he need to mock Akashi? Surely he will feel his wrath".

" How dare you insult me", Akashi snickered.

"Akashi is not the only one who pissed off you know", Daiki had a stern look on his face.

"I'm angry too", Tetsuya sharpened his gaze.

"You're not taking Mana-chin away", Murasakibara face darkened.

"Let's finish this quick, Shintaro", Akashi widened his eyes in annoyance. "Of course, Akashi", Midorima replied

"They're angry...", I gasped.

"Sheesh, you guys are so hot headed", Nishida mocked. Suddenly their captain came, lecturing Nishida. "I'm sorry for our teammates behaviour, but of course we won't hold back". Surprisingly the GoM left unnoticeable when the Captain talk. "What the-". "You just make them angry you know, and it's bad~", Momoi teasing.

*  *  *

The match start, the GoM take over the first quarter, Nishida is angry, I can see that he's start to fall apart. "The match isn't over yet! Keep going!!!", their captain shouted.

"Their current score is 46-71, no use", I shook my head nonchalantly.

"I WON'T LOSE HERE!!", Nishida yelled and accidentally pushed Tetsuya in the process. Tetsuya fell and sprained his wrist.

"Tetsuya!!", I called. "Time out!! Please!!", Momoi begged the referee. Tetsuya is being carried by the GoM, he can't move his hand. "Don't worry...I'm okay", Tetsuya said painfully. "Don't be stupid, you sprained your wrist. There's nothing you can do", I glared toward Tetsuya.

"But...what now? Kurokocchi can't play...so who's going to play?", Ryota look hopeless. Akashi glanced at me, "You're up".

"Wait, me?".

"Akashi, I'm a girl, are you blind?", I snickered. "If you decline, I'm fine with it", Akashi said cooly. "Mana-chin....", Murasakibara look at me with his adorable eyes. "I'm in", I replied.

*  *  *

"You're entering a girl!? YOU'RE UNDERESTIMATE US!!!", Nishida glared. "You're wrong, we're not underestimate you, we just getting serious", Daiki smirked. I borrow Momoi basketball jersey, it fits perfectly.

Nishida charge through Midorima, but I manage to chase him. "MAYOI!!!", Nishida eyes fiercer than before, he's running out of patience. "Relax, don't need to rush", I exclaimed as I steal the ball from him.

"MANA!", Akashi shouted from the distance. I passed the ball to him and he dunk perfectly. "Nice dunk", I complimented. "You're not half bad either", Akashi said solemnly. Our alley loop rules!!

-Kuroko P.O.V- (TIMESKIP)
"It's already the last quarter, times sure flies fast", I smiled. Momoi-san observe Akashi and Mana double team, they did great. "When I look at them...they remind me of you and Dai-chan", Momoi-san chuckled. I giggled, "Even though they fight a lot, they're actually compatible don't you think?".

Momoi-san smiled gently, "They're just like you, the light and the shadow".
I nodded in agreement, Akashi is the light while Mana is the shadow. But sometimes thinking about them making me scared of the outcome. I'm scared of what the future might hold for both of them.

"But if the light is too blind, the shadow can no longer exist".