quartorze

-           "everlasting, huh?"

"yeah." he glanced at yerin's quizzical expression. "what?? it's romantic!"

"no, i like it..." yerin said quietly. "do you ever paint with amaranthine?"

"not often. it doesn't fit with most things."

"what would it fit with?"

jeongguk was caught off-guard. "i don't even know. i should think about it."

"well, it sounds beautiful."

"last question," jeongguk declared as yerin finished her latté. "what makes you happiest?"

yerin pursed her lips in thought. "what makes me happiest...you know," she said, "i don't know if i've discovered that yet. lots of things make me happy, of course, but nothing comes to mind. i feel like i would know..."

"you would," jeongguk assured her. "for me it's art. i promise you, you'll find it someday."

-

when it was finally time to part ways, yerin and jeongguk tarried a moment on the dark street outside of the café.

"thanks for doing this for me," jeongguk said, zipping up his coat. the light from the café illuminated half of his face, and gave his eyes a warm luster.

"no problem," yerin replied, looking at her feet. "it's more fun than i thought."

"can i..." jeongguk hesitated. "can i have your number? just so we can text about our next meeting."

"yeah, of course." he handed yerin his phone, and yerin hastily typed her number in before returning it to him.

"thanks. see you later!" jeongguk raised his hand in farewell, flashing her a grin before turning his back and starting down the road.

"see you..." yerin called back. she turned the opposite way and set off into the night.

a/n: are u guys willing to sit through this very very slow burn relationship,, lemme know