vingt-deux

-          later that week, when yerin slipped into her observational drawing class a few minutes late, jeongguk flashed her a grin and motioned to the empty easel next to him. breathless from her jog to class, yerin tried to smile back as she took the seat beside him.

i'm still not used to seeing his face.

for the next hour, yerin tried to keep her eyes on her own sketch, but she couldn't help watching jeongguk as he worked. the muscles in his arms and wrists moved like water - where other artists made small choppy lines and angles, his gesture drawings seemed to be made almost of one fluid line. he swept across the page, drawing the figure large enough to include gentle, loving details: the wrinkles and creases of the model's skin, the way her hair was drawn up into a sloppy bun. out of the corner of her eye, yerin watched him bring curves and textures out from the flat page.

at the end of class, yerin appraised her own work. it wasn't bad - unfortunately, just like all of her figure drawings, she liked the facial expression she'd captured the best. the model looked a little bored, but yerin had captured a hint of humor at the corners of her mouth.

jeongguk leaned over her shoulder and made a sound of admiration. "i love the shoulders and knees," he murmured. "i can never do angles like that. my limbs always look so wobbly and weird."

"no they don't - !" yerin started to protest, but he was already handing in his sketch to the professor. before she could catch up to him, he had already left.

-

trudging back to her dorm, yerin felt a buzz in her pocket.

jgguk97: do u wanna meet at the cafe again tonight? im almost done with the painting

jgguk97 is typing...

jgguk97: i also just wanna see u again :)

a/n: im back !! i cant believe it !!! i missed u all so much !!!!!  ♡♡♡ ~estelle