vingt-sept

-          "what's that?"

mina slid into the chair next to yerin, tossing her backpack onto the floor. it was a few hours past lunchtime already, and as a result the dining hall was nearly empty - only a few stragglers sat at otherwise abandoned tables, accompanied only by their laptops and textbooks. it was yerin's favorite place on campus to have a moment to herself, and mina knew it.

"i'm knitting," yerin said, without looking up. sure enough, she had a few inches of cloth hanging below her needles.

"i didn't know you knew how to knit," mina frowned, face in her hands.

"i don't," yerin wrinkled her nose at the pinkish yarn. "i'm learning."

"who's it for?" mina asked teasingly. "i bet it's for that artsy dreamboat that's been painting you..."

"none of your business," yerin told her, rolling her eyes. "but if you want one, pick a color and i'll make you one next. i think i'm starting to get the hang of it."

"that's sweet, rinnie," mina said. "anyway, i was just dropping in to grab a snack. i'll see you later."

she started to walk away, then spun around with a smirk.

"i'm sure he'll love it!" she called out.

yerin blushed into her knitting. she knows me too well.