dix-sept

-          he was leaning against the sink, punch glass in hand, staring into the distance. when yerin said his name, he started and looked to her in surprise.

"what are you doing here?" yerin felt throughly discombobulated.

jeongguk smiled a little. "i don't actually know. i guess i got roped into it...a guy from my dorm said i should come along. i had no idea it was going to be," he gestured around, "like this."

"neither did i," yerin sighed.

"why are you here?" jeongguk had to raise his voice over the music, which was still blasting from the other room.

"pretty much the same thing. my roommate's a party animal —" yerin stopped when jeongguk held up his hand.

"let's go somewhere quieter." he started out of the kitchen, motioning for her to follow him.

they made their way up the thin staircase. at the top of the stairs, jeongguk put a finger to his lips, and eased open the door of what looked to be a bedroom.

"it's empty. grab a blanket."

yerin looked at him in alarm. "for what?"

jeongguk shot her a grin. "you wanna sit on the roof?"

yerin closed the bedroom door behind her, flicking on the light as jeongguk pulled two comforters out of an overflowing closet. she hesitated by the door.

"won't they notice the blankets are gone?"

he glanced at her. "this is a frat house. everything's so messy it would be impossible to notice. plus they won't be gone that long."

jeongguk crossed to the window, which overlooked a flat roof. he looked back at yerin expectantly.

"you coming?"