Chapter 4

~~Bruce/Batman's POV~~

I took control of the ship and let Diana rest. After what she had been through, what we had been through, I think we were in for a beating at Darkseid's place. As we continued to fly to the watch tower, I thought about how almost all the justice leaguers had shown their identity and their back story. Everyone except me. I just didn't trust anyone with my secret identity and with...with my back story. All my backstory consisted of was darkness and pain. Those two things had already consumed my life, I just didn't need to be remembered about it anymore.

We made it to the watchtower, and Diana was still sleeping. I didn't want to wake her, or get punched in the face by doing so. So I just left her in there as I gathered everything that was needed. I made sure to get the supplies that would help us get the answers we needed from Darkseid. I didn't pack anything extra because I had calculated everything before I had picked up the supplies. As I walked back to the ship, the hangar bay was dark, as always. The vision came into my head, I tried to push it out of my mind but it just kept coming. A shot. A lifeless body. Another shot. Another lifeless body. Me. Sitting my their sides. Powerless. Defenseless. Angry. Fearful. I pulled through every time it would happen, but sometimes it was too powerful.

"Ship, locate coordinates for Apocalypse , and lock onto them." Even though this was Diana's ship, it was a piece of cake for me. I had taught myself everything that I would need to become batman. The ship responded back, "estimated time, two hours and twenty minutes." Well this is going to be a long trip. I got up and hit the hyper drive for the ship, and we blasted into space. As the ship jerked back, Diana's head banged against the chair. I was going to ask the chair if it was okay, but I went to the back of the ship. Even though I had gathered the materials we needed for Apocalypse, I was tweaking them in my own way. I started to add a electrical pulse inside of a fire gun. If you want to add a little more "punch," just hit the button next to the trigger. Doing things like this was one of my specialities, so I did as many as I could until Diana woke up.

As she woke up, I knew she would have this sudden urge to talk about what happened on Themyscira, and I wasn't in the mode to talk about it again. Well, at least I can get my nap in for one day. I walk out of the armory room, and walk to the front of the room and sit in my chair. I wasn't a talking type of person, and I don't think I ever will be. I stare out at the different constellations and stars in the sky. (Starts to get emotional, I was listening to a sad song when I was writing this part) I take the picture of my mother and father from my hidden pocket in my suit. Two days from now will be the day when they passed away about twenty years ago. I stare at the picture, wanting them to move, say something, even still be alive. If only I had stayed in the theater, if only I had confronted my fears...If only. As the thoughts flooded into my mind on how I could of stopped their deaths, my eyes began to become heavy. I try to resist it, but the heavy sleep comes over me.