Chapter 13

Don't blame me blame school!!! 😭

School has just been really stressful lately so sorry for being really slow

Song- Fire Gavin DeGraw (audio file is also up there.)

⚔⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚔

Bruce/Batman's POV:

Clark's voice echoes throughout the watchtower as he rambled on about his point of view. "We have to wait on their next move! We aren't going to just go and attack them, and get captured again! End of discussion." I glared at him as I stood up. "So you are saying just sit here, do nothing, and wait for them to strike again? Are you serious Clark?" "Yes Bruce, I am serious. There is nothing we can do right now when they have the upper hand." Every time he said my name I would cringe inside because I kept forgetting about the incident at the factory. I ignored Clark's last remark as I walked out of the door and went to the center of the command room of the watchtower. I sat in front of the computers, beeping and constantly ringing in my ears. I pondered over the last few days and the things that happened. There had to be some kind of connection between the appearances of Lex, Darkseid, Savage and their other goons.

The Crime Syndicate?

No. This was bigger, bigger than anything that had happened in the recent years. Someone was going on between them, but we couldn't see it for it was all happening underground. They were doing something secretive, something that would be so hard to figure out that they would have to come together in order to keep it safe. They must of been doing something right under our noses and it would be so big and so grand and so... No... No. I've been so blind with all the recent events happening. The capturing of Diana, Me, and the league. It was all right in front of us, and no one knew except me.

I heard the click of heels as I got up out of the chair, and stood up. "Bruce, what is it?" Diana's sweet voice bounced off the walls of the room. My brain was blowing up inside of my skull. How would they succeed? Managing to take the entire Justice league down. "They've already gotten inside, it's too late." As soon as I finished that sentence, there was a huge boom from inside the conference room. My eyes widened as Diana and I reached the conference room. The doors had collapsed entirely off their hinges, and there were mists of smoke in the room. As the smoke cleared, there was the Justice league, standing there motionless and senseless. "Here we go again." I mutter to myself. Diana began to walk towards J'ohn, but I pulled her pack as he tried to grab her. "Diana, no! They are under the complete control of whoever is behind this. We just have to find a way to help. Clark was wrong they already had made their move, we just didn't know it. They begin to move closer and we keep backing up. Then unexpectedly, Clark races towards me and I brace for impact.

He punches me into the wall and I can hear the clang of metal against my body as he keeps doing it. I put my arms up for protection but it hardly helps. The rage and anger in Clark's eyes told me everything. That smoke had done something, and it was someone's fault. They had already been here, and we're probably still here. As Clark came in for another punch, I grabbed the kryptonite from my belt and shoved it in his face. He fell to the ground grunting with pain. I left the case open with it shining over him, and ran over to the rest of the group. They were attacking Diana but also playing with the watchtower controls. I ran up behind of Lantern and grabbed him. I took hand that had his ring and held it towards his face as he tried to hit me with it but only managed to hit himself. He fell to the ground unconsciously as I started at the screen. It had already started... War had begun.

Some of the younger leaguers were called by Diana and I after we got the"possessed" leaguers put away in cells until we figured out what to do with them. They were helping Diana and I in the watchtower after the mess. I had come up with an antidote for the gas. A little of scarecrow's scare gas and a little other chemicals. As soon as they healed, the teleportation device began to beep with life as bodies were forming on the platform. Flash put his hands on his hips and said, "You have got to be kidding me." I squinted until I saw at least hundred bodies or more. First, they had played with the controls of the watchtower because the teleportation device could only teleport twenty at a time. Second,most of those people were people that wanted to kill all of us. The other leaguers formed behind Diana and I, and then I said, "Take them, and protect the watch tower at all costs." The leaguers behind me ran off to the front and started to take them down.

"Fancy seeing you here? Thought you'd be sticking your head up Gotham's behind because you are their "Savior." Since I had engaged the Joker he had been constantly talking. He swung his knife up and down and across my face, and I finally had enough. I charged towards him, taking him by his legs and throwing him into Bane. It was like they had planned this big reunion. Everyone was here battling on the watchtower,but what were they battling for exactly?

I'll try to update as fast as I can. The next chapter will be really intense.. 😏