Chapter 11

Sorry it took long to update.... It's school.... 😡

Song to listen to- Not about Angels by Birdy

⚔⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚔

Diana/Wonder Woman's POV

I felt as if I could take on the Hulk right here, right now. Everything had worked out almost perfectly, but I mean we survived, and were on our way to the watchtower right now. At the watchtower we would hardly get any sleep. As soon as we got there we were to start researching on what the actually plan was for Darkseid, Savage, or whoever was in charge. I especially wanted to get to the bottom of it, this could be bigger then the invasion that happened last year.

I looked to my right and saw Bruce was still looking outside the window. I got up and went to go sit next to him. I looked around a little, being awkward and silently tapping my feet. I reached out to touch him, but even though he was still staring out the window he said, "Hey Diana." I my finger stopped mid air, and I quickly set it back down. Batman said hey! HE CASUALLY SAID HEY!!! Sorry... "H...hey Bruce. I just wanted to say thank you for everything from at Darkseid's to now." He slowly turned towards me. His grim but handsome face looked at me. Even though he was wearing his mask, I knew what he looked like and he was handsome. "Your welcome, I couldn't leave an Amazon princess with Darkseid. Who knows how long she would of lasted." He smirked as he turned his whole body towards me. "Ohh, so why did the "mere mortal" risk his own life for mine." I crossed my arms as I asked him the question. "I lov...it was the right thing to do." I could tell he was holding something back, but I didn't want to be all weird and ask him what it was. "I saw the after effects at Darkseid's place and how he treated you. I'm...I'm really sorry Bruce." I out my hand on his shoulder, but he didn't even flinch. "I truly am." "There's nothing to apologize about Diana, it was my choice, and I decided to make it happen. But there stupid mistake was to move me and..." He never finished his sentence because when I looked at his face, there was a hint of fear and anger.

"Diana...move away from me. Right now." I slowly started to get up and asked, "Bruce what is it?" His eyes were wide with fear and responded more fierce and loud, "Move NOW!" I got up quickly and went to go sit next to J'ohn. All the leaguers were looking at him like he was crazy. He shouted so the whole ship could hear, "Everyone move to the back by the escape pods. Clark put the ship on auto-pilot and move to the back of the ship." Everyone made their way to the back without questions and stood there awaiting more of these weird orders from Bruce.

We all watched as he took some type of scanner out of his belt and ran it over his left arm. It beeped right before it went over his upper arm. I heard his mutter, "Crap." (Yes, I know that's something batman wouldn't say but I don't know if I should use the actual word he would say in the book... If you know what I mean 😏) It must of been something bad because he looked up and there was more fear in this man's eyes than there ever was.

Flashback

(When batman was at Darkseid's place and being transported)

As we came into earth's orbit, they injected me with something. Something very strong, unlike anything I had ever felt in my blood stream. The object just sat there being one of Darkseid's toys. Then I blacked out.

"How could I have been so stupid not to remember." Clark stepped up and said, "Remember what Bruce?" He stood up, but stayed in the aisle he had been sitting in. "When they were transporting me from Darkseid's place to the place where you found me, they placed a tracker in me. But it's not any tracker. The tracker is laced with wires from a bomb that is powerful enough to kill all of us and blow the ship up." Cyborg then pitched in and said, "Can't we just take it out of you and just throw it into a different part of space?" Batman stared at him and said, "If we had time, I would list so many possibilities on how dangerous and stupid that would be. Even if you did get the tracker out of me, the bomb is already on the ship. It adapts to the wires that run the ship, using them as "fuel" to blow up the bomb. I'm betting all my money that Lex had something to do with manufacturing this." Wally then asked, "So we all get in escape pods and let the ship blow up. No big deal right?" "No." Responded Bruce. "The tracker is on me so it has to stay on me, but it won't blow up until I'm on the watchtower. The whole point was for them to find the watchtower and destroy us in it. However, if I can activate the trigger from a certain frequency from somewhere it could register anywhere as the watchtower. So instead of blowing up the watchtower it could blow up now or before we reach it." Some people were looking at the floor, others were looking at each other. I stepped forward, but didn't get to close and said, "Even if it were to blow up now, we are in space, you would die without oxygen." I cross my arms waiting for a response, and it better be a good response. he looked from his arm to me and said, "That is a risk...I am willing to take." ((I'm known to kill off characters 😈 beware))

"The frequency is set at the right one, and Wally and Arthur are in the pods with Hal." Cyborg was standing over Batman setting the tracker at the frequency where it would blow up. Clark, Cyborg and I were to go outside with the pod and wait until the damage is done. When I say outside, I mean space. From the inside of the pod, Hal will protect it from the debris and we would be in front of it. Batman had a space suit on just for a little time in space, but it wouldn't last for long. As Clark hit the button that let the escape pod out, he went out with it, and before I left, I glanced at him. A tear escaped from my eyes, I didn't feel it, but I knew it was there. I flew out and went next to Clark. A few seconds later Cyborg came out of the ship and made his way next to me. I hoped and prayed the damage wasn't bad, enough had happened to him. No more pain and suffering was needed.

Pieces were everywhere. Fire lit up the night sky in space, and tiny pieces from the burnt ship. It had been only 15 minutes and I was still looking for him. We had been looking at the ship,waiting, then a huge fireball lit up the space sky. It was like the sun had exploded and we had front row seats. Nothing was left. There was all debris, but I still couldn't find Bruce. Clark was helping, but he didn't have any luck either. I moved every piece, but it just floated away leaving another piece showing. I started panicking, thinking about the different scenarios that could of happened. His suit not working, his body being burnt badly in the fire, or worse. The tears were making my vision blurry and I couldn't see properly. However when I looked ahead, the sun blinded me but I saw something. It looked like the shape of a human.

I flew towards it and with just my luck it was Bruce. I grab him cradling his limo body in my arms. My tears were coming more frequently and I didn't now what to do. I examined him to see if he was injured, but the inky thing was his suit was popped. The air had probably already escaped more than ten minutes ago. I raised my hand shakily to my ear com and said, "A...anyone who is near me. I've fou...found Bruce, but he doesn't have much time." I removed the suit because it wouldn't do him much good anyway. His face was pale, lost of it's color. This wasn't the Bruce I knew, this was a Bruce giving up. Not just on himself but on me. I held his face close to my chest and put my face over his head. Hoping all would be fine.

⚔⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚔

WHAAAAA CLIFFHANGER!!!!! YOU GUYS DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!! I BET YOU DIDN'T!!! Soo ironic happy by Pharrell Williams came on my playlist....whoops. But if some of you did see that foreshadowing, then you are just awesome like that. But if you you didn't then I'm sorry I ruined your day with this cliffhanger, but don't worry I'll probably update in a few days anyway. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'm trying to bring more feels out so I hope you enjoy that too. ❤️