Chapter 17

This IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK!!!.... I KNOW!! ;-; ;-; I'll probably make this as long as I can because our wonderbat journey ends here...

⚔⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚔

Diana/Wonder Woman's POV:

"They just keep coming Bruce, there's no use." I say as I kick one of them in the groin as he comes running at me. We had been fighting them for about an hour and they had just kept coming. Most of the people had left because they knew the king was doing it on purpose. It wasn't very amusing. "If we do, that idiot will have his wish and then he'll be the..." "Bruce, calm down. No one is dying." I say to him as my back is turned to him.

Suddenly the ground shakes a few feet away from us and a huge gaping hole opens. "Hera!" I yell as some of the men fall down into it, but the Justice League then emerges from it? My eyes widened as I saw J'onn, Kal, Lantern and the rest of them come out of it. I turned back at Bruce with a huge smile, but he wasn't behind me. I panicked. Then I heard grunting up where the king was.

Bruce/Batman's POV:
The leaguers were here. I knew they would come at some point, that's why I wanted to get revenge on this idiotic king. As I made my way up the stairs, the king had already started walking down to get away, and his guards were trailing behind him. I ran up behind the guards and slammed them into each other. The king looked at me as if I as going to kill him, and believe me, I was removed to. I put my fist up in the air, and I would of brought it down upon him, until I felt a strong grip on my wrist. The king cowered in fear, but I just looked behind me and I saw Diana. You know when the sunlight is perfectly sitting on someone's face, well that's what it was doing right now to her face. "Bruce, don't." She said as I lowered my arm and glared at him.

Walking back down to the arena, everyone saw me coming, and Wally rushed up to me and hugged me. I couldn't stop but let out a small smile. "Bats, I was so worried, well everyone was, but I didn't think you guys made it." Hal then joined in and said, "Didn't you know Wally, he's the Batman." He let out a small smile and gave me a small salute. I nodded back to him as Kal walked up to Diana and I. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "We thought we wouldn't find you after the crisis in the watch tower. Everything was a mess, but you were our priority. Cyborg got on it right away, but we weren't of much help. We were trying to get everything back online and back to normal." He smiled at me and said, "It's good to have you back Batman." I nodded back at him and said, "It's good to be going back, and call me Bruce." He gave a small chuckle and turned around spinning his finger, motioning everyone to get back to the watchtower. I'm guessing he knew we needed some time together.

I turned towards her and walked up to her. Close, maybe a little too close but I could see her as clear as day. "Bruce I just wanted to say..." She started to say, but I removed my mask and then looked up at her.

"Please, let me go first, I'm guessing we both have a lot to say." I said as I looked at her and her beautiful face. "I've never been good with words, but we have been through hell these past days. There were some moments I thought I wouldn't make it, and I would begin to give up. But after...after that moment in Savage's place, I knew there was a reason to stay. I always thought of you. Every moment I would wonder what you were doing, and that would take my mind off of the beatings, the hurtful words, and everything else that would bring me down. This has been one heck of a ride Diana, and let's hope we won't forget it." I smiled at her as I finished my "speech," and turned around. I had begun walking to the teleportation device that was set up there for us, but I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around slowly, scared she would saying something about not being allowed to love mortals or something like that. But she hugged me a hard as she could, and when I say as hard as she could, it was as hard as she could. As she got out of the hug she suddenly put both of her hands on the sides of my face, and kissed me. I was in shock for a moment then registered that this was what I had wanted to do when I saw her come down to the arena. I pressed into the kiss, realizing that this was it. That I couldn't live without Diana.

"Thank you Bruce. For everything that you have been through for me. I was going to say the same thing about you, but being the gentlemen you are, you got to it first." I gave her a small smile and said, "You welcome Diana. It's been a privilege being beside you all these years and for more to come." She put her arm around mine and we both walked to the time portal and held each other close. I wasn't going to let her escape from my arms ever again.

*Five months later*

"We'll take care of it while your gone Clark." I said as he gave me a small smile and walked into the teleporter. Clark and Hal were going down to DC. There was a small "army" concerning Lex Luthor, for the millionth time. Everyone else would be staying. As I shut the teleporter off, Wally came up to me and said, "Hey Batman I ha..." "Bruce." I say as I turn around. I can gotten more comfortable with all of the leaguers after that certain mission of ours. Everyone had gotten familiar with everyone else, I mean we did all show our identities and tell everything about ourselves. "Bruce, I have to tell you something about Diana." He said as he smiled. My heart raced as I heard her name. "Has something happened?" I asked urgently. He laughed. Wally was probably the only one that knew about us. "No, she just said she wanted to speak to you." I smiled at him and said, "Thanks Wally."

I walked out of the teleporter room and into the command center. There was no one in there except Diana. I decided to creep up on her and scare her. I was just behind her, and tapped on her shoulder. She yelped a little and her arm swung around. I caught her wrist and said, "Nice reflexes princess." She took the scared face off and gave me a smirk and pushed me. "Bruce, go find someone else to scare." She said as she turned back around. "I thought you needed me?" I asked a little confused. "I did, but I figured everything out." She said as she turned back around and leaned on the dashboard of the machine.

This was the moment. The moment I would ask it...

"Diana, I think you dropped something when you were putting the machine together." I said as I turned around and began walking. I sensed she picked it up and glanced out of the corner of my eye. She was opening it. I was almost to the door when she said, "BRUCE WAYNE! DID YOU JUST PROPOSE TO ME?" I heard her scream across the room as I left the room turning hard not to smile and laugh.

You can try to break me, you can try to break her, but you cannot break our love. Just try and that crack will be your bones.