Chapter 7

~~Diana/ Wonder Woman's POV~~

Batman had been counting on me to get Darkseid, and to obtain the information. How could that be so hard for an amazon? However, I was now the damsel in distress, I was being kept by Darkseid. He had just come up from behind me and hit me with his omega beams. Gods! If only had hit that son of a... "You have arrived at the watch tower." The ship lowered into the landing bay, and through the glass I saw the leaguers waiting.

I limped out of the ship with all the strength I had left. Falling to the ground, I felt as if Hera had sucked all the power out of me. Flash came running towards me, and helped me up. "Diana! Are you okay?" I didn't have any strength left in me to respond. Superman then said, "Flash transport her to the medical facility, and Cyborg go check her vitals and give her all the help she needs." Flash and Cyborg nodded their heads and we started walking towards the medical bay.

As Cyborg was scanning me, I had to take the pain of all the needles that Wally was poking me with. Usually my body could handle such pain, but after my encounter with Darkseid, it was more vulnerable. "Sorry Diana, these will help the pain and cyborg needed to make sure everything, and I mean everything, was alright. I promise, I'll be done in a flash." A small smile crept in my face, Wally always knew when to use his humor. "What happened to you Diana? Did you get hit by a nuclear bomb?" I groaned ignoring his question and turned my head onto the cushion of the bed and closed my eyes.

I am back in Darkseid's palace. I turn around and see Batman chained to a wall in a cell. Darkseid is no where to be seen, so I run up to the cell. "Batman. Batman!!! Answer me!" His head is hanging down, and I don't when know if he is breathing.I pull at the bars trying to let him out. However, my strength is at it's lowest level right now. Tears begin to drop from my face as I see his body conditions. Blood everywhere, broken bones, but his face was the worst. He looked up at me with his mask still on, but I could tell he was in pain. Blood feel down his face, bruises covered his while lower half that showed, and even though his eyes were on it seen, I could feel he wanted to yell out in pain. He tried to reach out for me, but it was no use.

I sat up I'm my bed, sweating and my heart racing fast. I looked around and realized I was at the watch tower, and not Darkseid's place. I put my legs over the side of my bed, sat there for a moment, and started crying. A man I had only known for a few years, a man with darkness in his life, a man with no past I knew of, a man that would risk his life for another. I got up and paced the room, mumbling to myself, and trying to come up with a plan. I needed a plan that was brilliant, a plan as brilliant as something Batman would come up with.

"Diana, we need to know every thing you saw, and every little detail matters." Superman and the other leaguers, including myself, were sitting around the table. "After you contacted us, we were already on our way to Apocalypse. When we got there we fought the furies, and it's wasn't the regular four. It a whole new bunch like he was just producing or making them. Batman and I defeated them and then we split apart. We both had ear coms, and trackers on. I got to Darkseid's place first, and I was just in time to call for help to Batman. While I was getting abused by Darkseid, he also kept talking about this poison and many other things. But then Batman showed up and by Hera, all broke lose. They fought until Batman told Darkseid to him and let me go." I paused a little taking in a deep breathe, and many of the leaguers looked shocked about Batman's decision. "The last thing I saw was Darkseid hooking batman into the chains I had been in. Batman had made sure that even though he wasn't coming, the ship would be sent automatically to the watch tower. He...he still thought about me even though he was going to suffer..." Tears welled at my eyes, and Wally put his arm around me. Superman stood up and said, "Since we all got the information from the separate people Batman assigned us to, I think our priority is getting Batman out of Apocalypse. We leave in two hours, get your belongings, and nagging extra we might need." Everyone gets up from the table and walks to their separate rooms. As I walk to my room, I see Batman's room just across from mine. Even though the doors are sealed shut, I can feel the emptiness from inside of it. With my head down, I walk into my room.

"Coordinates locked onto Apocalypse, estimate time: thirty minutes." The ship was ready for take off, and everybody was already in. All seats were full, all for except one. I looked across at John (M. Manhunter) and tried to smile at him, but he just nodded his head gesturing to me that everything would be alright. The ship took off and headed for Apocalypse. Looking outside at the window, I mumbled, "We are coming for you Batman."

"Here's not here. We searched the whole place twice." Superman looked at me with sad eyes, but a determined face. I punched a pillar, and then punched it again. I was about to punch it again when Lantern flew up to me and said, "Diana we all now you are angry, but the last thing I want is for this while place to collapse on us. So, go punch Darkseid when we find Bats." I put my fist down and walked up to the chains that Darkseid had held Batman in. It looked exactly like the cell I had seen in my dream...As I was walking out of the cell, I saw something in the puddle of blood. I leaned down and picked up a card. A card that had the joker on both sides. I ran out of the cell, and ran to the leaguers. "Darkseid wanted us to come here! He knew we would come back for him! That's why he moved him, and had help doing so." I lifted the card with his blood on it. "There's more to all of this then meets the eye.