Chapter 16

Guys I'm soooo sorry! I had midterms and my life was just crazy. But I'm really sorry and I'm going to update a lot! And I was going to update yesterday but it didn't save anything I wrote so again sorry.

⚔⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚍⚔

Bruce's/ Batmans's POV:
The sun's sharp rays of light glares through the socket holes of my helmet. There's already sweat running down my chest and face from the hot sun. I step out through the doors and see this type of arena. There's concrete on the ground, but there's not other way out except through the door I came through. I hear the door slam shut as the metal clangs against the ground, and look straight. There are about five men in the arena. People are yelling and cheering on the upper parts, and then I spot her. She sees me and I see her.

Diana gives me a small but reassuring smile, but then she quickly looks away as the king comes. The king then steps up and says, "Welcome to the annual ritual that is celebrated every year! This year it is dedicated to our new and beautiful queen." Everyone cheered and yelled, agreeing with their king. I looked up at Diana and I could see that face she almost always made. It was an angry face, but I couldn't tender take it seriously when she gave it to me.

The king raised his hands up to quiet everyone and gestured towards me. I walked forward towards the five men, and I noticed this was going to be easier than I thought.

Five men
The three in the back were weaker and more vulnerable.
The one to the far right has a leg problem, from fighting in the war, the one next to him just wants to get this over with. The one to the far left has had has least four surgeries on his left arm.
The two men in the front, obviously are the strongest of the bunch.
The one on the left is blinded in one eye and the other one has marriage problems.
He's to busy trying to impress other people than focus.

"I don't see a clock anywhere, I mean if there was one, you probably couldn't even tell what time it was." I said as I heard some people in the crowd snicker at my comment. They yelled in anger and charged at me.

Diana/Wonder Woman's POV:
I clutched the arm chairs so intensely that I thought they would rip off. I knew how well Bruce could fit, but I was worried. Worried what would happen after this, if there even was a possibility for us to get back home. I stared down at where Bruce was and he had flipped over the two men and was teasing them. I knew he could do a lot of damage but he was just teasing them, not actually fighting them. I stared back at the disgusting piece of filth next to me. His slaves surrounded him and everything he could ask for. He had no respect for the women, his people, or himself. I gave him a look of disgust as he looked at me.

"Is my queen not happy?" He said, as he moved his chair closer to mine. "I would rather be down there fighting with my comrade then sitting up here with the likes of you." I said with a snap in my voice towards him. He grabbed my wrist and looked into my eyes with his. I knew I could take him, but no one knew I had powers, no one them. "He is more than a comrade to you. I can tell. The way you talk about him, look at him and wanting to be with him. Well, when he is dead, you will no longer have that feeling." He said as he threw my hand down and got back to his seat.

He whispered something to guard, and the guard then ran down quickly to the lower part of the arena. I looked back down and saw more men come out of the gates. They were adding more people!

I slowly got off my chair and walked towards the king once more. He looked, smiled and said, "You came here to apologize? I'm glad you did." He said as he held his hand out. I glared at him and threw the nearest food plate at him. "There will be no apology coming from me to you low life, like I said, I would rather be down there." I said as I held my gaze into his scared eyes.

Bruce/Batman's POV:
I had taken down a few men, but there were still so many coming. I was about to attack another one, but then I heard that idiot's voice again. "There has been a slight change to the rules! Nothing to severe except that the queen would like to fight with the warrior. She has taken the enemies side, and therefore she has committed treason towards my nation. Let there be blood spilt!"

My eyes widened from the announcement, as I heard the gates behind me open and I heard a familiar voice behind me, "Miss me Bruce?" I turned around to see Diana, hands on hips, wearing a suit just like mine with two swords in her hand. Part of me wanted to hold her and never let her go, but I couldn't do that here. Instead I smirked at her and said, "Not one bit princess." She gave me a small smile in response and told her positions. She took the left side/flank and I took the right side/flank. It was beginning to look just like old times.