vingt

The bed felt cold without him. I stared around the empty room, feeling nostalgic and ready to cry.

It had been almost three weeks since I moved in with Zayn. I called Bill almost everyday, I cried into Zayn's arms every night. Bill wouldn't answer. Except for last night.

~flashback~

" H-hello ?" I got up immediately, finally hearing his voice after weeks of waiting.

" Bella " Bill mumbled groggily, tired. He sounded sad, and it broke my heart.

" B-Bill, I'm so sorry ple-"

" You can come back to the apartment "

" You mean that ?" I asked in a whisper, hearing nothing for a while on the other hand.

" I won't leave you with no home. You can come by tomorrow. I've already packed my stuff. The house is yours now "

The realization hit me, he didn't want me to come back. He was gonna leave.

" No I-I can't accept that. Don't leave please. We can work this out. I'm so so-"

" There's nothing to work out Bella ! " Bill screamed into the phone, making me flinch.

" I trusted you. And you fucking used me. I-Just. " He breathed in, trying to relax " The apartment is yours, do whatever you want with it "

The line got cut off, and I held myself back trying not to burst into tears again.

~

I was at the apartment now, Zayn behind me with my bags.

" Wow, he really left huh ?" The raven haired boy asked behind me, checking the place out. I tried to calm down.

" I guess " Bill had left the key under the doormat, and the house was completely empty apart from the furniture. There was nothing that could remind me of him. Even the place looked cleaned up, not even his smell lingering.

" If it's too hard to stay here, you can come back with me " Zayn suggested. I knew I couldn't go to my mother, she would properly kill me.

" It's fine Zayn. Thank you. "

He placed the bags on the floor, coming in front of me and grabbing my hands.

" He wasn't right for you Bella. If he really loved you, he would've understood "

I shook my head, not agreeing with Zayn.

" If I loved him I wouldn't have done it. Or told him sooner. It's my fault "

Zayn grabbed my face with his rough hands, making me look up to his dark hazel eyes.

" Baby, it's not your fault. It's of that whore's that raised you. Please, try to get over this. "

I nodded and held back tears.

" Thank you Zayn, for everything "

-

I stayed up all night thinking. I had no one except for Zayn at the moment. I didn't have a job, I hadn't finished school. I had nothing.

I looked around the dark room, the only light coming from the digital clock that read 2:54 am. I decided to give up on sleeping and go make food.

The house felt empty and cold. I got up and put on my socks cause my feet were cold. I could only find one though.

" Where the fuck is the other one " I mumbled angrily, checking under the bed. Suddenly my hand bumped into something. I saw a box.

" Huh ?" I mumbled, knowing that no one was listening yet still feeling like I had to voice out mu thoughts.

I grabbed the small shoe box, and brought it out of the bed.

*Layla*

was written in the front in cursive writing. I opened it carefully, and was met with pictures.

There were pics of Bill, he looked young, like 19 year old or something. There was one of him with an ice cream, licking the tip of his nose.

The other one was of him and a lady at a hospital, she looked a lot like Bill only older. I assumed it was his mom.

There were plenty pictures, but one caught my eye. It was Bill at a park, he was smiling and he looked extremely happy. Next to him, was a girl. She looked about three years old, and was wearing a small purple dress. In the bottom of the picture, the name Layla was written again.

I dug more into the box, and found stuff like a little headband, a blue teddy bear and little dollies. Some of their shoes were missing.

The last thing I found was a letter, it was folded in half and the name was written on top of it. It looked old but I carefully picked it up.

To my littl-

before I could read the letter, there was a big thud from downstairs. I got up quickly, running to see what caused the noise.

The light of the hallway was turned on, and Bill stood there almost breathless.

-

Uh hey so this sucks but CAILEY READ THIS BOOK AND SHE WANTED AN UPDATE so THIS ONE'S FOR HER.

( also I'm so sorry for using ur face like this undidbd i feel bad now. )

but bxhsjsh if u want to tell me that in personal follow me on ig @itcastupdates cuz im not putting my personal up lmao.

UH THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE READS AND COMMENTS YALL MAKE MY DAY ILY SO MUCH AND YA THANK YOU

also why is wattpad glitching so much i had to post this three times